Head Of Design
Remote (Exclusive To Canada) /
Full Time - Permanent
As CaseWare continues to expand, we are hiring a top-level manager for our UI & UX Design team that has been a strategic investment area for CaseWare. The Head of Design will be a part of the Cloud Team that is responsible for building the platforms used by third-party developers and workflow template authors around the world to build applications that are then used by accountants and assurance professionals globally.
In this role, you will help set and oversee the design strategy for CaseWare. Additionally, you will directly manage the existing team of awesome designers who are committed to developing and delivering incredible experiences to every stakeholder along CaseWare’s value chain.
- Accountable for the creative vision and delegation of responsibilities to achieve it
- Oversee design across a portfolio of platform products
- Partner with the Product organization to validate design iterations through the full value chain of personas - measure ten times and cut once.
- Build distribution strategies for Design assets, processes, and best practices to be shared globally by 3rd party developers building applications on CaseWare platforms to achieve common UI & UX for all end-users
- Make final decisions on the design process at CaseWare including standardization, or lack thereof, as appropriate for the success of each team
- Pitch ideas confidently and present the creative vision clearly internally and externally to all levels of stakeholders and customers
- Have strong people management and leadership skills in order to hire, develop, and inspire
Problems You'll Solve
- Designing platforms is hard - whatever your current experience, this role will challenge your ability to deal with ambiguity and build the big picture for others
- Coaching and Mentoring - lead your design team members to be superstars for each of their development teams
- Building professional expertise - CaseWare builds platforms used by 3rd party developers globally to build products used by accounting and assurance professionals globally who interact with virtually every company in the world. The more you understand the professional users of the apps, the more effective you can be at building and executing a design vision.
- Defining the “user” for all consumers - Building and refining personas of “users” is an endless pursuit along the long value chain, we need strategies and tactics that scale and localize globally
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare's core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.