Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) - Romania
Cluj, Romania /
Development – SE Platform /
Full Time - Permanent
Caseware is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the global audit and accounting software industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages. While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
The Senior Software Developer in Test will be a part of the UK Cloud Solutions Team. Our platform that streamlines and automates many tasks that accountants, auditors and tax professionals around the world perform on a daily basis, supports the development of additional applications, add-ins and extensions to meet the needs of these professionals globally in every industry. As part of the UK Cloud team you will be working with some great minds, the latest technology for cloud-based apps and in a fast-paced agile environment.
You’ll be reporting to:
Jai Joshi - QA Manager
Cristian Cireasa - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
What you will be doing: (In the first 6-12 months after a full onboarding)
- Designing, implementing and executing automated tests across the SE platform
- Contribute towards quality releases & reduce time to market by adding automation test coverage
- Migrate existing E2E tests into our brand new Cypress framework
- Contribute towards automating our manual tests
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Share knowledge and provide mentorship to members across the team as required
- Work alongside developers, product, UX, documentation and other test team members to test and release new features in a fast paced agile environment
- Write clear and concise test plans/cases that will map to automation within the sprint cycle
- Define, report and validate bugs during various stages of testing
What you bring:
- A passion for quality, and a strong desire to take ownership and make an impact in your role as a Senior SDET
- Strong communication, time management, interpersonal and team-building skills
- Willing to learn and or have In-depth knowledge of Cypress + TS
- Core automation skills and an in-depth understanding of frameworks and tools used for web application and microservices testing
- Understanding of Cloud and Microservice based Architecture and databases
- Extensive knowledge of version control systems such as Git to manage test artifacts
- Experience with Jenkins/Github Actions
- Experience working with DevOps to build and enhance a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment with changing priorities
Nice to haves:
- Experience testing Angular / AngularJS applications using Cypress type E2E frameworks
- Knowledge of AWS services like EKS and S3Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, GitHub and GitHub Actions
- Experience in a Cloud based, SaaS environment
- TestRail as a test management tool
- Working knowledge of IntelliJ - IDE
- Some experience with NewRelic - APM, logsLucidChart for diagrams & collaboration.JIRA to manage backlog - Scrum and Kanban.GSuite (mail, drive, meet, docs, sheets, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the accounting, auditing and financial world
What is in it for you!
- Permanent, full time employment with all of the legal benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% remote work environment and an excellent work-life balance
- Opportunity to work for a growing, global SaaS leader
- A culture that promotes independence, innovation, trust, and accountability
- Open space to be creative, innovative and strategize for the future
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, Caseware is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made Caseware so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.