Canadian Distributor /
Full Time - Permanent
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
CaseWare has been a leading provider of software to help the internal and external audit market for the last 30 years. We’re now expanding our software suite by making new and exciting cloud-based applications.
As a part of our current expansion and transformation plans, we are seeking a full time Content Developer for our Assurance and Business Services engagement products. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to not only enhance their knowledge in a key business area, but become an integral part of a team building software solutions for the global market.
We are looking for someone who wants to use their practical audit and accounting knowledge, and their love of technology to help enhance our suite of leading edge products. The Content Developer will have a demonstrated aptitude for acquiring deep product knowledge, want to participate in the development of best of breed products, can apply knowledge of accounting & auditing standards in a practical environment, and is excited about working in a fast-paced software development cycle.
Who you will work with: Some members of the North American Distributor Team:
Your partners across CaseWare:
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving:
- How do we use CaseWare’s platform to make accountants and auditors more efficient, producing higher quality work and creating more value from the work?
- How do we bring the power of data analytics to an audit?
- How do we create a best-in-class suite of products for accountants and auditors in a very competitive marketplace
- Assisting in the design of solutions for financial reporting, business services and assurance engagements including but are not limited to:
- Creating financial statements including disclosure notes
- Creating program procedures including determining the most efficient and effective testing procedures
- Designing worksheets such as capital assets and loans amortization schedules
- Implementing processes for risk assessment and evaluation of internal controls
- Integrating with other CaseWare applications such as analytics within a solution where relevant
- Designing worksheets and forms to create efficiencies in solutions by adding logic to drive automation
- Maintaining content within a solution to ensure compliance with the relevant standards
We're looking for someone who:
- Holds a Bachelor's degree with a background in accounting (Business major with senior accounting courses/Accounting major)
- Has experience applying their accounting knowledge in a professional accountant's work environment
- Is CPA designated and/or firm experience is an asset but not required
- Has a demonstrated passion for technology
- Is proactive and a good team player
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly for a business/professional audience
- Has strong computer skills including expertise in MS Word and Excel, or equivalent, and being able to pick up new software functionality as products evolve
- Has knowledge of the following is not required but is an asset:
- Git and JSON
- Agile methodology, continuous integration, automated testing and code quality checks
- Knowledge of CaseWare Working Papers and CaseWare templates is preferred.
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare's core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.