Developer III, Data Analytics (Spring/Python/Angular)
Remote (Exclusive To Canada) /
Data Analytics /
Full Time - Permanent
[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok - ask your CPA or CA friend - they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is a product-driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business-critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent - like you.
The Data Analytics product line is laser-focused on modernizing how the audit works in accounting firms, corporations, and governments worldwide. This is a solid, innovative, group of people who are actively building game changing data analytics technology to help change the face of the audit industry. We're building a platform for resellers; a fleet of RESTFul API’s using Spring, Node and Python Microservices - we’re the AWS of Cloud Audit.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving
- We are building a state of the art platform to enable our network of data scientists and resellers to create hundreds of jupyter notebooks that can analyze immense amounts of data and produce real-time results to the user through customized dashboarding.
- Running thousands of notebooks at a time can be taxing on a system, so the magic we have running under the hood is what you and your team will own, operate, and iterate on.
- Improving and designing our SDK that lets developers create notebooks, visualizations and automation for their end-users.
Highlight of your responsibilities
- Contribute to the codebase to help deliver product features on our roadmap.
- Create prototypes and software design proposals based on product requirements.
- Champion accepted proposals into production.
- Facilitate technical design discussions within the team.
- Research and break down large initiatives into iterative coding tasks.
- Build upon our best practices and coding standards.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality.
- Share knowledge, and provide mentorship to the team.
- Automate the boring stuff. You take humans out of the equation where you can.
- Drive continuous innovation. You stay up to date with tech trends.
- Improve processes that help us work better, faster & smarter.
The tech stack you’ll be working with
- Angular 9
- Python (tornado, celery)
- Java 8/11 (Spring Boot)
- Node.js (nest/graphql)
- Microservices hosted on AWS EKS
- Jupyter Notebooks running on AWS Sagemaker
- Orchestration with AWS Step Functions & SNS/SQS
- AWS EMR (Presto, Spark, Hadoop)
- AWS Aurora, DynamoDB, S3
- GitHub monorepo for our source code
- LucidChart for diagrams & collaboration
- JIRA to manage our backlog
- Our devs prefer to use IntelliJ (IDEA/PyCharm)
- We use GSuite (mail, drive, meet, docs, sheets, etc.)
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare's core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.