Payroll & Benefits Associate
Toronto, Canada /
People Operations – People Operations /
Caseware is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the global audit and accounting software industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages. While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
The Payroll Associate is responsible for accurate and timely end to end processing payroll related activities. You will be supporting various People Operations functions as well as working closely with our Finance teams. You will also be a part of special projects that are away from day-to-day payroll duties.
You will be reporting directly to:
Merium Shahid, Global Payroll Manager
Chengeer Lee - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
What you will be doing:
- Be responsible for full cycle processing of payroll (including bonus and off cycle payments as required) for Canada and US.
- Review and input information for new hires, terminations, employee changes.
- Adjust, maintain and process payroll data pertaining to wage increases, leaves of absence, return from leave, and top ups, etc. accurately and in a timely manner
- Reconcile and prepare all payroll journal entries in a timely manner for the Finance team, and manage all payroll related audit requests
- Preparation and timely distribution of ROE’s as required.
- Investigate and respond to all payroll inquiries/discrepancies from management or staff and determine solutions.
- Assist in preparation and processing of year end reports and reconciliations i.e. T4’s, T2200
- Coordinate benefits enrolments and terminations with benefit providers
- Liaise with all third party payroll and benefit vendors globally
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state, provincial, and federal wage and hour laws and maintain current knowledge for all our locations
- Facilitate and participate in internal and external audits as required
- Participate in special projects, as needed, and provide support to the Finance or People Ops team on various duties
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resource, or Accounting/payroll
- 2-3 years of relevant experience administering full cycle payroll processing
- PCP certification or working towards one
- High level of skill with Google Sheets & Excel
- Experience with Ceridian is an asset
- Understanding of Provincial, Federal, State and International regulations and policies
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, Caseware is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made Caseware so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.