Senior Software Developer (Data Warehousing)
Engineering – Hybrid Cloud Team /
Full Time - Permanent
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
The Senior Software Developer (Data Warehousing) is responsible for the management and leadership of complex development projects of our Hybrid Cloud application platform. As the most senior development role on the team, this role acts as a leadership/role-model for all other developers. This position is not only responsible for application design and development on a variety of initiatives for our Hybrid Cloud application platform but also responsible for the interpretation of technical specifications, code development, managing tasks, and ensuring that testing and documentation are completed prior to deployment.
- Act as technical lead of the data warehouse project, coordinating tasks and providing direction and coaching to other developers.
- Responsible for architecture design of CaseWare Cloud Data Platform.
- Design & Develop a microservices-based technology stack using Java Spring Boot, serverless architecture, and AWS-related technologies.
- Design and implement ETL procedures for intake of data from both internal and outside sources; as well as ensure data is verified and quality is checked
- Act as a role model for best practices and design patterns for a scalable cloud platform.
- Provide Customer Support and ensure tasks are completed within the service-level agreement.
- Diagnose, reproduce, and determine the root cause for application issues.
- Designing scalable architecture systems for Java-based applications.
- Active participation in the development and review of technical specifications.
- Application architect and technical design documents and workflows.
- Conceive analytics and business intelligence platform architecture for clients, including internal and third-party clients
- Keep track of tasks and deadlines.
- Author technical documentation.
- Participate in cross-functional code walkthroughs/reviews and maintain coding standards.
- Help the team come up with new technologies and frameworks to improve the quality of the product.
- Take ownership and responsibility of tasks from start to finish.
- Participate in and document the analysis/design of new product upgrades and roll-outs.
- Identifying the hardware and software infrastructure needs to accommodate the company’s architectural goals.
- Troubleshooting design flaws and system bottlenecks.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related study.
- Proven expert proficiency in Data Warehousing DBs, Business Intelligence tools and Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, reproduce, and determine the root cause for application issues.
- Experience with performance tuning of applications or databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, following a weekly activity plan and specifications.
- Excellent and proven organizational skills and prioritization best practices.
- Comfortable with communicating to management in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to interpret and provide input into technical specifications.
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates for coding efforts.
- Demonstrate a passion to take on new challenges in a fast-changing environment.
- An effective coach and mentor.
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare's core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.