Software Developer in Test
Toronto, Canada /
Development – SE Platform /
Full Time - Permanent
Caseware is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the global audit and accounting software industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages. While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
The Software Developer in Test will be a part of the SE Platform Team. Our platform streamlines and automates many tasks that accountants, auditors, and tax professionals around the world perform on a daily basis, and supports the development of additional applications, add-ins, and extensions to meet the needs of these professionals globally in every industry. As part of the platform team you will be working with some great minds, the latest technology for cloud-based apps, and in a fast-paced agile environment.
You’ll be reporting into:
Jai Joshi - QA Manager, Caseware
Talent Partner overseeing the role:
Dipinti Phutela, Talent Acquisition Partner at Caseware
What You'll be doing (In the first 6-12 months, after a full onboarding):
- Designing, implementing and executing automated tests across the platform
- Contribute towards quality releases & reduce time to market by adding automation test coverage
- Migrate existing E2E tests into our brand new Cypress framework
- Contribute towards automating our manual tests
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Share knowledge and provide mentorship to members across the team as required
- Work alongside developers, product, UX, documentation and other test team members to test and release new features in a fast paced agile environment
- Write clear and concise test plans/cases that will map to automation within the sprint cycle
- Define, report and validate bugs during various stages of testing
What You'll bring:
- Core automation skills and an in-depth understanding of frameworks and tools used for web application and microservices testing
- Understanding of Cloud and Microservice based Architecture and databases
- Extensive knowledge of version control systems such as Git to manage test artifacts
- Experience with Jenkins/Github Actions
- Experience working with DevOps to build and enhance a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment with change priorities
- Strong communication, time management, interpersonal and team-building skills
- Computer Science Degree for your educational qualifications.
Nice to haves:
- Experience testing Angular / AngularJS applications using Cypress type E2E frameworks
- Knowledge of AWS services like EKS and S3
- Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, GitHub and GitHub Actions
- TestRail as a test management tool
- Working knowledge of IntelliJ - IDESome experience with NewRelic - APM, logs
- LucidChart for diagrams & collaboration.
- JIRA to manage backlog - Scrum and Kanban.
- GSuite (mail, drive, meet, docs, sheets, etc.)
- Slack for internal and external communication.
- Working knowledge of the accounting, auditing and financial world
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, Caseware is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made Caseware so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.