Senior Developer (Big Data) - Java, EMR, Spark
Bogotá, Colombia /
Development – Data Analytics Platform /
Full Time - Permanent
Caseware is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the global audit and accounting software industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages. While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
As a Senior Software Developer at CaseWare, you’ll design, develop, test and deploy microservices to support the analysis of data in our Cloud. You will collaborate with multiple upstream and downstream squads to design and deliver complex and innovative solutions to support the analysis of large data sets at scale. You will be a part of the Data Analytics team that enables data extraction from various sources providing insightful reporting, tailored analytics, and risk management.
You’ll be reporting into: Kshitij Parashar - Software Development Manager
And working alongside:
What you will be doing (in the first 6 months)
- Actively participate in the designing of the planned initiatives
- Facilitate design discussions for the features that your squad implements
- Understand and contribute to the existing architecture and propose enhancements
- Implement proof of concepts
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Conduct unit testing, write automated testing working in a trunk-based lifecycle
- Review and optimize the existing SDLC practices
- Lead code reviews for more junior developers
What you will be doing (in the first year)
- Take full ownership for a couple of modules in the Data Analytics architecture
- Convert proofs of concept into MVPs
- Represent the team in technical discussions with Team Leads, Product, Design, and all other external stakeholders
- Lead and execute development tasks through all SDLC phases working in an Agile development environment including all sprint ceremonies
- Mentor developers on design and coding best practices, quality, performance, and security and code reviews
- Take on partial DevOps responsibilities as required for the services being developed by the team
- Drive operational excellence by identifying and eliminating persistent root causes for problems that affect your customers and team.
What you bring:
- Over 8 years professional experience, with strong recent experience creating distributed, data-intensive, and highly scalable production-grade applications with Java 8/11 + SpringBoot + GitHub Actions + AWS
- Experience with Rest API/Microservices and concepts such as domain driven design, event-driven design, atomic/acid, etc.
- Proven experience with AWS services like SQS, SNS, Dynamodb, Step functions, lambda, RDS, S3, EMR
- Proven experience in real-time and batch data transformation processes using a wide range of technologies using EMR, Hadoop, Spark Stream, Spark SQL, Java, Hive etc.
- Strong experience with Spark Core/ Spark Streaming
- Developed production-ready Spark applications using Dataframes, Datasets, Spark SQL and Spark Streaming
- Worked in ETL projects, implementing multi-threading, manipulating small(~1KB) to large(~10GB) datasets
- Strong SQL knowledge with skills to analyze/write complex SQLs
- Experience working on an agile team
- Strong English language communication and collaboration skills
Perks and Benefits:
- Permanent contract with all the legal benefits
- Fully remote position
- Prepaid Medicine
- Health insurance and funeral assistance
- Internet allowance
- Competitive compensation — above the market average
- 100% remote work environment and an excellent work-life balance
- Opportunity to work for a growing global SaaS leader company
- A culture that promotes independence, innovation, trust, and accountability
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, Caseware is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made Caseware so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.