Cloud Support Engineer (Romania)
Cluj, Romania /
Development – DevOps /
Full Time - Permanent
Caseware is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the global audit and accounting software industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages. While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
We are looking for talented and passionate engineers to join our team to support building and maintaining the infrastructure and network that hosts our flagship products. We are looking for individuals who are excited by the opportunity to support the availability, security, and releases of multiple cloud products.
This role allows you to build strong technical and debugging skills, as you become an expert on complex systems built on top of AWS and gain familiarity with modern & legacy applications. You’ll collaborate closely with development teams, DevOps, infrastructure, security, etc. This is a role for someone who likes to learn new technologies, and quickly, and who loves solving challenging problems.
This role in one sentence: support internal CWI colleagues to ensure the operational excellence of CaseWare Cloud.
This role has rotational shifts and on-call responsibilities.
The CloudOps team will be looking for at least a half-day overlap with the Toronto team. Expected core working hours from 11am-7pm Romania time (4am - 12 pm EST Toronto time).
There is no expectation to work overtime for any member of the Cloud Support Team at the moment.
❗ Please note: this role is NOT a B2B contract. This is a Full-Time permanent role with Caseware International Inc.
In this role, you will be reporting to:
Shi Jin - Head of Cloud Ops
Cristian Cireasa - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
Chengeer Lee - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
What you will be doing
- Learn, understand and maintain & support end-to-end applications for the AWS platform which includes working on VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, EKS, etc.
- Ensure appropriate prioritization and resolution of support issues raised by internal teams in accordance with the agreed-upon SLA
- Responding to system outages according to standard operating procedures and acting as an escalation point for production cloud issues during on-call shifts or as required.
- Working with senior members of the cloud operations team for knowledge management and technical documentation
- Troubleshooting system & network problems, diagnosing & solving system issues, and working with the cloud operations team in identifying/rectifying issues in various environments
- Automation of various processes using configuration management tools like Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation, and shell scripting using Python, Bash, etc.
- Manage end-to-end monitoring of infrastructure & applications using tools like NewRelic
- Work with the incident management team to create root cause analysis documents, to be showcased to internal teams and work on mitigation items from such discussions
- Troubleshoot issues related to the production environment for Caseware Cloud and liaison with various teams to resolve incidents
- Execute periodic tasks like patch management, reviewing prerequisites across our fleet, deployments via CI/CD pipelines, etc as and when required
- Be involved in reporting critical metrics such as cost optimization, incident trend analysis, recommendations to improve KPIs like MTTR, etc
- Participate in on-call rotation to support and maintain the high availability of our cloud infrastructure, 24x7x365
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience with 6+ months of professional experience in an operations role
- Broad working knowledge of Linux and Windows with the ability to execute basic commands and write simple scripts in Bash, Powershell, or similar technologies.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages like Python, NodeJS, Go, Powershell, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills (verbal and written) in English, with the ability to drive discussions in a group
- Willing to work in a rotational shift job and support on-call responsibilities
Nice to have
- At least 6+ months of AWS administration experience
- Familiarity with managing public-facing websites on Nginx, Apache, etc.
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible, AWS Cloudformation, Python, etc.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring & log management Tools (NewRelic, CloudWatch. etc.)
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes & Configuration tools like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, and GitHub Actions.
- Any cloud certification such as on AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Jira, Zendesk, etc.
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, Caseware is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made Caseware so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.