Software Developer Co-op [Cloud Platform]
Co-op – 2023 January Co-op Opportunities /
Caseware is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the global audit and accounting software industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages. While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
Location: Remote (with occasional in-office events/town halls)
Hours per week: 35
Start date: Jan 2023
A bit about the role & team:
Collaborate is a product at the core of our Caseware Cloud offering. It is a platform that supports a large number of clients around the world and has many regional partners building Applications on top of our platform. We are focused on providing solutions that have direct customer impact and are pushing the technology boundaries with new tools to empower app development by Caseware's partners.
We have a wide range of technologies to learn, and co-ops are encouraged to start as frontend or backend but eventually try both. Backend Technologies C# .NET, Java Spring, SQL, MongoDB, AWS (S3, SES, SNS, SQS, Elasticache and more). Frontend technologies: Angular, Typescript, HTML, CSS, GWT
What you will be doing:
- You will be a full member of an Agile team responsible for designing and building new features, fixing bugs, and creating automated unit tests as part of a deployment pipeline
- You will learn and become familiar with our product stack. You’ll be encouraged to learn best practices and follow company architecture discussions.
- You will gain exposure to modern software development techniques including automated unit testing, code reviews, 3-tiered architecture, Microservices, SDK design, and Agile scrum
- You will interact with other developers, product owners, UX specialists, architects and managers
- You will be part of all phases of development from design, coding, code reviewing, testing and deployment.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Solid understanding of Java, C#, Angular, or C++
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Concepts
- Experience with relational databases
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Shareable code repository demonstrating best practices of software development including commit history, branch strategies, and testing
- Strong programming aptitude, as demonstrated by high achievement in Computer Science courses
- Working towards a B.Sc./B.Eng. in Computer Science or Software Engineering
Apply today and begin your co-op adventure with us!
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.