Software Developer in Test - Window Desktop Application - Hybrid Cloud
Engineering Team /
Full Time - Permanent
CaseWare has gone remote first and this opportunity is open to applicants across Canada. 🇨🇦
[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok - ask your CPA or CA friend - they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is a product-driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business-critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent - like you.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
- Experience as a software tester with Desktop Windows platform applications.
- Ability to create scripts for the purpose of automation with Java, C# , Python or 4Test.
- Understanding of integration testing with hybrid solutions between Desktop and Cloud applications.
- Experience with version control systems and build tools, e.g. GIT, Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Have actively participated on an agile team, engaged in standups, ceremonies and provided inputs to the team in order to improve the test process.
- Ability to be the voice of quality during testing, raising issues when needed, and highlighting risk.
- Ability to create well formed written test cases based on acceptance criteria /requirements.
- Procure/create test data required for testing.
- Become familiar with software under test and any integrated components.
- Ability to replicate and report defects in JIRA or similar tool.
- Experience working with an automation tool, such as Selenium Web Driver, SilkTest, Ranorex Coded UI, TestComplete, that goes beyond record and play.
- Knowledge of a test case management tool, eg. TestRail, Zephyr.
- Experience with virtualization software, such as XenApp or VMWare, would be an asset.
- Hands-on test automation experience with API testing.
- University/College degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering or equivalent.
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare's core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.