Software Architect - Cloud Platform
Remote (Exclusive To Canada) /
Full Time - Permanent
[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok - ask your CPA or CA friend - they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is a product-driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business-critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent - like you.
The Cloud Platform (CP) team is creating a platform software, a set of core services that help internal and external developers in building a wide range of applications to automate tasks for accounting firms.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving:
- How do we select the right tools and services for our platform? Technology and requirements are changing constantly. Evaluation of building vs using is a frequent question.
- How do we successfully design and validate architecture?
- Predicting where and how our platform will break. What are the limits? How can we prevent these?
- Building prototypes to and test solutions to complex problems
- Software architecture is important but so as the ability to release and get changes to customers. Architecture doesn’t stop at design and implementation.
Highlight of your responsibilities:
- Own software architecture and help us continuously enhance our design, patterns and practices.
- Lead technical design discussions within the team.
- Create prototypes for your team to implement.
- Recognize gaps and limitations and lead efforts to continuously improve.
- Share knowledge, and provide mentorship to developers and quality assurance professionals.
- Automate the boring stuff. You take humans out of the equation where you can.
- Drive continuous innovation and stay up to date with tech trends.
- Improve processes that help us work better, faster & smarter.
- Design and implement platform services for other developers.
- Break down complex technical problems with the team to simpler problems.
The tech stack you’ll be working with:
- Microservice and Serverless Architecture
- Nx dev tools for monorepos
- Java/Spring Boot
- AWS (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS services), Lambda, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, EKS, API Gateway
- Our devs prefer to use IntelliJ (IDEA)
- We use GSuite (mail, drive, meet, docs, sheets, etc.)
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare's core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.