Senior Software Developer (C++)
Cluj, Romania /
Development – Data Analytics Platform /
Full Time - Permanent
Caseware is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the global audit and accounting software industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages. While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
You will be a part of the squad that supports CaseWare IDEA, that for over 25 years has been the trusted, industry-leading, solution for desktop audit analytics. Experienced auditors design our comprehensive, powerful, and easy-to-use data analysis software to ensure we offer a robust solution for every audit need. Whether you need to detect fraud, identify trends or outliers or perform an ad-hoc test like sampling, CaseWare IDEA covers it all. We are looking for a Senior Software Developer (C++) to help us continue to address the challenges of an evolving data landscape.
❗ Please note: this role is NOT a B2B contract. This is a Full-Time permanent role with Caseware International Inc.
You will be reporting to:
Cristian Ivanovici - IDEA Team Lead
The main point of contact:
Cristian Cireasa - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
What you will be doing:
- Own features from design through to implementation
- Work in an agile squad with other developers, testers, and the product owner to build innovative, high-quality solutions.
- Produce clean and efficient code, ability to stay within scope/specifications, on-time delivery of features/applications
- Participate in the design discussions around the majority of features your squad undertakes, you are able to make design trade-off decisions in the areas of technologies the team uses.
- Provide an appropriate level of documentation from design to code commentsConduct code reviews, providing succinct and relevant feedback.
- Keep the team's technical documentation up to date and create new artifacts to support solution design proposals.
- Participate in the team on-call rotation and are able to respond to any operational issues.
- You take initiative to fix issues that are important without being assigned.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience working with C++, MFC and COM. You love diving into new backend technologies when the opportunity arises.
- 1-2+ years of experience with .NET Framework, C#, WinForms, and WPF. You understand the fundamentals of OOP.
- You like taking ownership and initiative to improve things: improve processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality.
- You believe a successful product delivery takes a team effort
- You are open-minded and value constant feedback from our customers and teams
- You are a bit of a detective and pride yourself on solving complex technical challenges
- Experience with performance tuning and automated testing
- You are a good coach and mentor; you take your work seriously but don't take yourself too seriously!
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, Caseware is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made Caseware so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.