Senior Full-stack developer
IDEA – Product /
Full Time - Permanent
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
CaseWare has been a leading provider of software to help the internal and external audit market for the last 30 years. We’re now expanding our software suite by making new and exciting cloud-based applications.
So, as a Senior Full-Stack Developer on the Bionic team you’ll be working to create software to help internal auditors all over the world. Their job is complex with a lot of moving pieces and our job is to provide the software to help them out. On our team, you’ll not only be exposed to various technologies but also to various parts of a business. You’ll work frequently with Product, QA and Design so you are always aware of how the code you are writing is solving a real-world problem.
Joining a team in the early days and working on a relatively new product is a pretty amazing experience. You’ll have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions and to have an impact. We are lean, we are smart, and we live for balance – there are no mandatory 60-hour work weeks here.
Who you will work with:
Some of the members of team Bionic:
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving:
- Over the past year developers on our team have tackled problems that include, but are not limited to:
- Designing a multi-tenant architecture from scratch
- Creating dozens of reusable components in ReactJS/Redux
- Working with the production operations team to get our application working in AWS
- Researching, testing, and picking an approach to model our data
- Securely integrating with other CaseWare software to provide CaseWare users with a seamless experience
Here is how a week could look for a developer on team Bionic:
- Monday: Writing MongoDB and PostgreSQL queries to create new projects in our system.
- Tuesday: Creating APIs in C#/.NET to support all those fancy queries you wrote on Monday.
- Wednesday: Battling ReactJS/Redux, HTML, and CSS to ensure that the modal you’re working on matches the designs perfectly and is responsive.
- Thursday: Participate in architecture sessions to ensure our customers have a safe, secure way to reset their passwords.
- Friday: Attend product and design sessions so you can provide your feedback on the product and know what is coming down the pipeline.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is experienced with C#/.NET
- Is experienced with enterprise-level web application architecture
- Is experienced with ReactJS/Redux, MongoDB, SQL and HTML/CSS
- Has strong communication abilities
- Takes individual ownership and responsibility over tasks
- Has a growth-mindset and values constant feedback from our customers and teams
- Has a healthy approach to velocity and technical debt
- Wants to work on and solve difficult technical challenges
- Takes their work seriously, but not themselves too seriously
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare's core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.