Cloud Support Team Lead (Romania)
Cluj, Romania /
Development – DevOps /
Full Time - Permanent
Caseware is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the global audit and accounting software industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages. While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
We are looking for talented and passionate engineers to join our team to support building and maintaining the infrastructure and network that hosts our flagship products. We are looking for individuals excited by the opportunity to support the availability, security, and releases of multiple cloud products.
This role allows you to build strong technical and debugging skills, as you become an expert on complex systems built on top of AWS and gain familiarity with modern & legacy applications. You’ll collaborate closely with development teams, DevOps, infrastructure, security, etc. This is a role for someone who likes to learn new technologies quickly and who loves solving challenging problems.
This role in one sentence: support internal CWI colleagues to ensure the operational excellence of CaseWare Cloud.
This role has rotational shifts and on-call responsibilities.
The CloudOps team will be looking for at least a half-day overlap with the Toronto team. Expected core working hours from 11am-7pm Romania time (4am - 12 pm EST Toronto time).
There is no expectation to work overtime for any member of the Cloud Support Team at the moment.
❗ Please note: this role is NOT a B2B contract. This is a Full-Time permanent role with Caseware International Inc.
In this role, you will be reporting to:
Shi Jin - Head of Cloud Ops
Cristian Cireasa - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
Chengeer Lee - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
What you will be doing:
- Managing a team through technical guidance, workload distribution, recommending skills training, goal setting, and career road mapping, and acting as senior technical contact for internal teams.
- Coordinate within the team for guidance on appropriate prioritization and resolution of support issues raised by internal teams in accordance with the agreed-upon SLALead cloud incident resolution, change management, and problem management processes in coordination with the incident management team.
- Frequently interact with peer groups to gain an understanding of the infrastructure/applications being supported as well as build strong relationships to gain internal and external feedback.
- Generate ideas and provide guidance for continuous improvements. Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation and orchestration.
- Create and maintain automated monitoring and reporting of cloud infrastructure health, performance, and cost control
- Evaluate the performance of the current processes, and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) around team performance to higher management.
- Keep abreast of the best practices around cloud practices, recommend adjustments, and implement changes in team processes to drive innovation.
- Provide guidance and resources to manage all aspects of professional development by facilitating appropriate training, coaching, and collaborative performance feedback.
- Set objectives, goals, and due dates for assignments for direct reports and provide direction according to established policies and management guidance for career growth.
- Manage team performance by providing coaching to team members to encourage performance improvement.
- Carry out assigned responsibilities for formal Goal Setting and annual Performance Management, including measurement and appraisal of employees, as well as promotion recommendations.
- 3+ years of operations experience (management of critical infrastructure systems) in a data center or public/private cloud environment
- Minimum of 2+ years of professional hands-on experience with the AWS, Azure, or GCP platform
- Experience leading a team of individuals Working knowledge of Linux & Windows OS and familiarity with basic DB concepts and operation.
- Experience managing/operating production systems on cloud service provider infrastructure.
- Experience working within a DevOps framework using CI/CD and/or Agile.
- Experience with backups, patching, and security remediation in a cloud environment.
- Experience implementing effective monitoring, logging, and auditing of IaaS/PaaS cloud environments to ensure a secure and compliant infrastructure.
- Willing to work in a rotational shift job and support on-call responsibilities.
Nice to Have
- Experience in leading and building operational teams from scratch.
- Demonstrated experience in leading process improvement and organizational change initiatives.
- High attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL tools and processes including Incident, Change, Request, Problem, and Asset management.
- Any AWS professional certification.
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, Caseware is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made Caseware so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.