Senior Software Developer - Spark, Python or Java and Hive
Bogotá, Colombia /
Development – Data Analytics Platform /
Full Time - Permanent
Caseware is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the global audit and accounting software industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages. While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
As a Senior Software Developer at CaseWare, you’ll design, develop, test and deploy microservices and data processing resources to support the import and analysis of data in our Cloud. You will collaborate with multiple upstream and downstream squads to design and deliver complex and innovative solutions to support the import of large data sets and concurrent processing at scale. You will be a part of the Data Analytics team that enables data extraction from various sources providing simplified reporting, tailored analytics and risk management.
You’ll be reporting into:
- Naresh Eeda — Software Development Manager
What you will be doing in the first 6 months:
- Actively participate in the designing of the initiatives planned
- Facilitate design discussions for the features that your squad implements
- Understand and contribute to the existing architecture and propose enhancements
- Implement proof of concepts
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Review and optimize the existing SDLC practices
What you will be doing in the first year:
- Take full ownership for a couple of modules in the Data Analytics architecture
- Convert proofs of concept into MVPs
- Represent the team in technical discussions with Team Leads, Product, Design, and all other external stakeholders
- Lead and execute development tasks through all SDLC phases working in an Agile development environment including all sprint ceremonies
- Take on partial DevOps responsibilities as required for the services being developed by the team
- Drive operational excellence by identifying and eliminating persistent root causes for problems that affect your customers and team.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying microservices using Java 11 + Spring Boot + AWS
- Design and develop real-time and batch data transformation processes using technologies such as Hadoop, Spark Stream, Spark SQL, Java, Hive and Iceberg
- Developed production-ready Spark applications using Spark RDD APIs, Dataframes, Datasets, Spark SQL and Spark Streaming
- Worked in ETL projects, manipulating small (~1KB) to large (~10GB) datasets
- Strong SQL knowledge with skills to analyze & write complex SQL queries
- Participate in peer code review sessions, providing feedback
- Conduct unit testing, write automated testing working in a trunk-based lifecycle
- Mentor developers on design and coding best practices, quality, performance, and security
- Strong English language communication and collaboration skills
Nice to have:
- Exposure to Serverless architectures
- Experience with asynchronous messaging systems
- Experience working in ETL projects using AWS EMR
- Understanding of various infrastructures — Hybrid, On-Premise and Cloud
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional level
Perks & Benefits
- Permanent contract with all the legal benefits
- Fully remote position
- Prepaid Medicine
- Health insurance and funeral assistance
- Internet allowance
- Competitive compensation — above the market average
- 100% remote work environment and an excellent work-life balance
- Opportunity to work for a growing global SaaS leader company
- A culture that promotes independence, innovation, trust, and accountability
- Open space to be creative, innovative and strategize for the future
Maira Russo - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, Caseware is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made Caseware so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.