Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Stafford, Virginia / Quantico, Virginia / Dahlgren, Virginia
Delivery – Delivery /
Cask is a leading Management Consulting firm specializing in delivering business and technical expertise to clients across commercial and government markets. Join the many happy employees at Cask! We have been named a top 5 firm to work for by Consulting Magazine for 5 of the past 6 years.
Cask is in search of a seasoned Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to join our Cybersecurity team. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of information security principles and practices, focusing on the management and protection of information systems in compliance with federal cybersecurity policies. The ISSO will be instrumental in maintaining the security posture of information systems through policy development, security education, and compliance assessments.
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan.
- Perform regular audits to ensure security practices are compliant with established policies, documenting deviations, and overseeing corrective measures.
- Manage the authorization process for new and existing information systems.
- Liaise between system and network administrators to ensure effective security protocols are in place.
- Coordinate with incident response teams to mitigate vulnerabilities and respond to security incidents.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation related to system security, including system security plans, risk assessment reports, and incident reports.
- Provide guidance and training to all staff on information security best practices and policies.
- Required: Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in information security, with at least 3 years as an ISSO.
- Extensive knowledge of federal information systems security protocols and standards, such as NIST SP 800 series, FISMA, and RMF.
- Proven ability to develop and implement effective security policies and protocols.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Current ISSO certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or equivalent.
- Proficiency with security management tools such as Xacta, eMASS, or similar.
Cask is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status a qualified individual with a disability.