Head of Analytics
San Francisco, CA /
Full-time / Remote Work
About the Company:
Catalate is a pricing, e-commerce and distribution company that empowers resorts and attractions businesses to drive more revenue and delight their customers before they arrive. The Company offers tools for attractions, ski areas, waterparks, and other ticketing businesses to leverage revenue management and dynamic pricing to become more successful. Catalate’s pricing services are available via API to any ecommerce platform, or in its native e-commerce platform, Cloud Store. Catalate is an independently operated company owned by Skitude Holdings AS, a publicly listed company on the Norwegian stock exchange.
Catalate has seen significant growth outside of the North American ski market serving customers in the US, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, France, Japan, New Zealand, Australia and Chile. Catalate’s technology also powers Liftopia.com, the largest marketing and distribution platform for ski ticket products, rentals, lessons, and other mountain experiences. After operating Liftopia, Catalate’s team identified an opportunity to be completely focused on the primary drivers of e-commerce performance for attractions businesses on the move to 100% pre-sale. Catalate is unique in that it is a SaaS ecommerce platform whose team has actually run a B2C ecommerce business.
Our mission is to help our customers run their businesses more successfully so their guests can spend more time doing what they love. We like to say we’re in the business of “fun”. We do the hard work of maximizing online sales, so our partners can focus on their customers' experience when they arrive. We’re transforming the global online ticketing experience and helping our clients run great businesses, and would love for you to join us.
Please note, we can only accept applications from candidates who live (or are willing to live) in the following states: CA, WA, TX, CO, MA, FL, ME, IN.
You will oversee a small yet critically important team tasked with ownership of all analytical initiatives at the Company, including online pricing strategy for our partners (ski resorts, parks & attractions, etc.) and support of analytical initiatives within other internal departments (e.g. product, marketing). You will drive the strategy to make recommendations, advance the science behind our pricing algorithms, define and refine key metrics, create dashboards and standardized reporting, and provide ad-hoc analyses to benefit both internal teams and our partners. You will have a focus on defining and implementing accurate performance measurements around our core pricing services, setting the conceptual groundwork for continuously improving the quality of our pricing model. You will take how we visualize and share data to the next level for our internal and external stakeholders and unearth actionable information from previously untapped data.
- Manage day-to-day Analytics Team workload and prioritization of the team. Oversee the data request and pricing creation process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization of tasks, etc.
- Lead the team in analyzing our vast historical data sets and develop custom models to uncover trends, patterns and insights.
- Define and execute on a vision for data and analytics at Catalate that reaches beyond its existing boundaries.
- Provide guidance on pricing creation, model improvements, and revenue analyses produced by the team, as well as provide overall team mentorship.
- Interact with Account Managers and/or Partners to identify key business questions and opportunities and provide valuable data-driven suggestions which go beyond our standard pricing services.
- Oversee and improve access to actionable data through dashboards, visualizations and other tools for both partners and internal users.
- Lead ad-hoc analytical efforts to identify key insights that can impact efficiency and scalability across Sales, Product, and Marketing.
- Partner with our Product Development Team to define, scope, and productize aspects of our pricing creation process, reports, and visualizations.
- Showcase Catalate’s analytics through industry thought-leadership via whitepapers, blogs, case studies, and conference and partner presentations.
- 7 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on SaaS business strategy, reporting and analytics, and 5+ years managing a team
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (Business Analytics, Econometrics, Operations Research, etc.)
- Extraordinary data analysis skills
- Experience working closely with or on Product teams, particularly delivering new product features using data available to the organization
- Excellent understanding of data visualization principles
- SQL fluency
- Python programming experience
- Both conceptual and hands-on knowledge of statistical analysis
- Strong communication skills--in presentations, writing, and verbally--with a demonstrated ability to communicate analytical findings to non-technical audiences and decision-makers.
- The ability to manage multiple project streams simultaneously, and a propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way.
- Passion for championing data-driven decision making across all parts of an organization.
Bonus Points For
- Work experience in e-commerce, travel, and/or hospitality, particularly with a focus on pricing and revenue management.
- Experience building data visualization tools alongside Product teams.
- Familiarity and experience with any of the tools in our current stack: Salesforce, Google Analytics, Looker, Redshift