Catch is creating the first personal, portable benefits platform built for the future of work. We serve people who don't get benefits from an employer: freelancers, contractors, gigsters, part-time and other non-traditional workers who need a safety net.
We’re looking for driven and mission-forward people to help us reimagine the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems in the U.S. to be simple, modern, and integrated.
Taxes, retirement, health insurance... That's a lot to keep track of, and it's our job to ensure we're staying up to date with changing partner requirements, contracts, business agreements, and special insurance needs. Our users depend on us to help them navigate the mess of the benefits system, and the Project Manager is a critical component in supporting our business (and user!) success.
As a Project Manager for Health Insurance, you'll:
- Serve as the liaison with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Manage all independent business agreements with insurance carriers
- Be an advocate for solutions to user insurance issues (with engagement team)
- Track requirements in insurance technology integration that may change
- Track state licensing requirements and updates for insurance brokerage
To help build partnerships and manage contracts, you'll:
- Work with CEO and COO on managing partner contract, terms, and renewals
- Support product team in sequencing and managing partnership requirements
- Support compliance team in tracking changes in regulation and law
As a leader at an early-stage startup, you'll:
- Work with the CEO and COO to manage hiring process
- Support management and organizational growth: quarterly meetings, reviews, etc.
- Support training schedule and implementation with compliance team
Some skills we're looking for in our Project Manager:
- 3+ years in project management – preferred experience in regulated industry: finance, insurance
- Preferred consumer technology experience (SaaS, agile product methodology)
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
- Execution-oriented mindset, with humility, drive, and scrappiness needed at a startup
- Comfort with compliance and regulation and ambiguous implementation guidance
- Ability to spot gaps and create plans to manage business risk
- Passion for growing a startup business and team
Because Catch is the first company of its kind operating in banking, investment, and insurance, it's unlikely that you have exactly (or all of) the expertise you may need in this role. That's ok! We're eager to find people who want to learn fast, explore new areas, and build a strong and reliable business.
Working at Catch
Reinventing the core benefits system and safety net that’s been in place for the last 70 years isn’t an easy task– and it’s certainly not something that gets solved overnight. But the time is now. Income is more volatile, inequality is growing, and the foundation of employer-sponsored benefits is showing its age. At Catch, we’re working to reinvent the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems to work for everyone.
This takes focus, ingenuity, and collaboration– you’ll work with a team dedicated to the cause and equipped to solve it. We value a diverse, inclusive, and ego-free environment and you should too.
Catch is backed by some of the best investors and advisors in the industry, including Khosla Ventures, NYCA Partners, and Kindred Ventures.
We believe that a safety net is critical, so we’ve invested in making ours great:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k w/matching
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.