Product Manager, Financial Products
Catch is creating the first personal, portable benefits platform built for the future of work. We serve people who don't get benefits from an employer: freelancers, contractors, gigsters, part-time and other non-traditional workers who need a safety net.
We’re looking for driven and mission-forward people to help us reimagine the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems in the U.S. to be simple, modern, and integrated.
This is a unique position at Catch: one that allows for significant autonomy and opportunity for impact. You'll be responsible for thinking through and delivering the products we build and deliver for tens of thousands of freelancers, contractors, gig workers, and other workers who lack employer benefits. As with most product management roles, you'll touch every part of the business: who and how we acquire, the flow of funds, integration partnerships, revenue, competition, and future product roadmaps.
We strongly believe our mission is what sets us apart, so to succeed in this role you'll need a strong sense of financial ethics and passion to deliver products that improve outcomes for our users.
As a Product Manager for Financial Products, you'll:
- Serve as the investment Compliance Officer
- Serve as an Investment Adviser Representative (IAR)
- Manage and own the portfolio set for Catch investment products
- Drive recommendations for retirement products
- Own the relationship with RIA compliance consultants
To be successful in this role, you'll:
- Develop new long-term financial products (e.g. income smoothing, retirement income, student loan solutions)
- Work with key partners in the financial services industry including banks, broker dealers, insurance carriers, and reinsurers
- Execute on the full financial product development lifecycle: testing user feedback, designing a sustainable business model, and launching products in market
- Provide guidance to engineering teams on architectural considerations and compliance requirements during the implementation process
- Be accountable for designing and delivering on metrics and roadmaps
To ensure our products remain compliant, you'll:
- Work with CEO and COO on developing company-wide compliance programs
- Contribute as needed to the development of the specific compliance policies
Some skills we're looking for in our Product Manager for Financial Products:
- 3+ years in Financial Services or FinTech (product, investment management, compliance, operations)
- Execution-oriented mindset, with humility, drive, and scrappiness needed at a startup
- Comfort with the ACH system, investment advisory, and consumer finance
- Track record of successful and creative product work
- Familiarity with financial services partnerships (banks, broker-dealers, custodians, lenders, underwriters, etc.)
- Preferred Series 65
- Preferred consumer technology experience (SaaS, agile product methodology)
Because Catch is the first company of its kind operating in banking, investment, and insurance, it's unlikely that you have exactly (or all of) the expertise you may need in this role. That's ok! We're eager to find people who want to learn fast, build amazing things, and solve problems in financial services. If you've got a passion to use consumer finance to build wealth and stability for everyone, this could be a role for you.
Working at Catch
Reinventing the core benefits system and safety net that’s been in place for the last 70 years isn’t an easy task– and it’s certainly not something that gets solved overnight. But the time is now. Income is more volatile, inequality is growing, and the foundation of employer-sponsored benefits is showing its age. At Catch, we’re working to reinvent the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems to work for everyone.
This takes focus, ingenuity, and collaboration– you’ll work with a team dedicated to the cause and equipped to solve it. We value a diverse, inclusive, and ego-free environment and you should too.
Catch is backed by some of the best investors and advisors in the industry, including Khosla Ventures, NYCA Partners, and Kindred Ventures.
We believe that a safety net is critical, so we’ve invested in making ours great:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k w/matching
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.