Japanese Content Writer
CASINO – Product - Content /
Engaging, user-centric content is a huge part of what makes a great website. Our Content team is a Japanese team of talented writers and creatives, constantly thinking outside the box to provide our users with the most informative and engaging content possible. Working collaboratively with product owners, SEO and Sales specialists, as well as with operators in the lead-generation industry (e.g, iGaming operators), you will create Japanese content to help drive the success of our products.
SCOPE OF THE JOB:
- You will oversee the Japanese casino site and develop a variety of Japanese casino-related content (reviews, articles, guides, blogs, etc.) for multiple websites with the goal of converting visitors to New Depositing Customer (NDCs) with our casino clients. For this, you will brainstorm and collaborate with fellow content team members and other teams (e.g. Sales, SEO, Product) to develop, implement and adapt content strategies and ensure these successfully meet audience needs.
- •Writing, researching and publishing a variety of engaging Japanese casino-related content for one or more websites - in line with SEO, usability and accessibility best practices, as well as brand style guides and tone-of-voice.
- •Ensuring content tasks and requests received are completed in a professional and timely manner and to a high-quality standard.
- •Collaborating with cross-department teams to develop, implement and adapt content strategies in line with overall product strategies and audience needs.
- •Working together, and regularly communicating with, fellow content team members and other teams to ensure all stakeholders are working together to achieve common goals for each website.
- •Building constructive relationships with content counterparts for the Japanese market at online casino operators to stay up-to-date with market-relevant campaigns, bonuses, and news.
- •Creating online campaigns for special events relevant to the Japanese market and liaising with account managers to obtain bonuses for these campaigns.
- •Providing feedback to product owners on what market-specific website changes would benefit conversion.
- •Engaging in social media activities and presence for the Japanese market.
- •Following market trends for the Japanese market so that learnings can be applied according to the needs and interests of our users.
- •Feedback to sales about quality operators in the Japanese market that should be featured on our sites.
- •Building an intelligence around the Japanese audiences of our sites through initiatives such as user surveys.
- •Assisting the marketing team with translations needed for paid media-related landing pages and campaigns.
- •Proactively identifying website issues and/or potential improvements and raising these with relevant stakeholders.
- •Ensuring through regular content audits that the conversion funnel from our site to an operator’s site is always updated, relevant, and optimal.
- •Proactively brainstorming innovative ideas for engaging, user-centric content, collaborating with fellow content team members and other teams to develop these ideas, and driving the implementation of these ideas through communication and collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- •Commissioning work to content agencies and independent freelancers where required, and ensuring the quality of any work commissioned.
- •Other content-related duties as required.
TO DO IT, YOU WILL NEED:
- Professional experience in iGaming or similar industry.
- Experience in writing and publishing search engine optimised online content using Content Management Systems (WordPress experience highly-regarded).
- Degree qualification in Communication, Journalism, or a related discipline (highly-regarded).
- A creative and skilled writer who takes pride in delivering high-quality content(highly regarded).
- Excellent command of the Japanese language (conversational fluency in spoken English is highly regarded).
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- A highly-motivated, solution-driven individual with the ability to work in an efficient, mature and professional manner.
- Great time-management skills and the ability to work to deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to easily proofread and spot any errors.
- Strong creative skills and the initiative and drive to brainstorm and implement fresh ideas to improve existing content and create new engaging, user-centric content.