WordPress Lead Developer
TECH – Tech Development /
The Lead WordPress Developer will lead both as an inspiring people manager and as a skilled technical contributor. At Catena, our development teams operate with agility, self-sufficiency, and a deep understanding of translating business problems into impactful web solutions. For this role, a strong background in WordPress development and a passion for leading teams to success is paramount.
- Offer technical leadership and insight on WordPress development best practices.
- Act as a senior hands-on contributor, setting the bar for quality and innovative solutions.
- Coach, mentor, and elevate members of the team to excel in their roles.
- Collaborate with the Software Development Lead on both technical and organisational strategies.
- Manage a geographically diverse team, ensuring streamlined communication and coordination, especially with outsourcing partners.
- Translate business requirements into efficient WordPress designs and architectures.
- Prioritise and delegate tasks, ensuring timely and quality deliveries.
- Conduct thorough code reviews, ensuring best practices and coding standards.
- Document technical processes and workflows for enhanced team productivity.
- Guide the team in deploying updates and new features to live WordPress environments.
Leadership and team management responsibilities:
- Managing team performance effectively through the practicing of ongoing performance management, including conducting performance reviews and regular 1-1 meetings
- Leading by example by delivering positive results and being a visible Catena ambassador
- Communicating effectively and ensures information is delivered in a clear and timely manner
- Taking ownership of recruitment and selection for your team by working closely with HR and TA teams
- Enabling team and individual growth from induction stage to ongoing learning and development
TO DO IT, YOU WILL NEED:
- Profound expertise in WordPress development and PHP.
- Proficiency with GIT for version control.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and methodologies.
- Experience with container technologies like Docker.
- Knowledge of database solutions, specifically MySQL (familiarity with MongoDB is a plus).
- Previous experience in an affiliate marketing or lead generation organization would be advantageous.