Director, Finance & Strategy
Los Angeles, California
At CAUSEBOX, our mission is to make social enterprise more accessible and mainstream, and to help a growing class of conscious consumers discover products and brands that are having a positive impact on the world. We’re building a team that is committed to our vision: to discover the most meaningful, aesthetically elevated, and effective ethical and sustainable products, share their impact stories clearly, and deliver value to our growing community of loyal members.
We are currently seeking a Director, Finance & Strategy to guide the direction of our financial operations and planning. This individual will oversee all financial planning, reporting, and forecasting initiatives, while partnering closely with other operational leaders to develop financial tools and models to enhance strategic business operations. On top of its core functions, this position requires excellent communication skills to support the inherent exposure to key stakeholders within and around the company (CEO, COO, Board of Directors, investors). This person will play a fundamental role in tracking key metrics, improving projection models, setting annual financial goals, and driving operating improvements quarter over quarter.
Who you are:
- Motivated and energized by contributing in a smaller, start-up environment
- Data-driven with an analytical / problem-solver mindset
- An effective communicator, with strong general business understanding and acumen
What you'll contribute:
- Fully own cash-flow forecasting, quarterly budget planning, etc.
- Develop and maintain strategic and operating financial models
- Fully own financial reporting
- Develop a wide range of ad hoc analyses (scenario modeling, sensitivity analyses, contingency planning) to support our internal operations
- Enhance variance analysis process between operational departments and corporate leadership team (actual/forecast vs prior forecast/budget/prior year)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in venture capital, private equity, or relevant start-up experience
- Subscription finance and reporting experience (physical goods or SaaS) is a strong plus
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of core accounting principles
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It is a fundamental policy of CAUSEBOX not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited.