Learning Content Manager
Remote - U.S. only /
Product – Content /
Here at CBT Nuggets, we are first and foremost learners. To us, that means knowing that we have a lot to learn and then dedicating ourselves to learning and applying it to our craft. We’re fired up about what you already know, but don’t tell us, teach us, and then learn alongside us. We’re looking for humans with passion, empathy, and accountability. We can’t promise that being a CBT Nuggets team member will be easy—in fact, we’ll go ahead and promise now that it won’t—but it will be educational and rewarding. If you want to learn more, we already like your style.
SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position is the leader of the Learning Content team. The Learning Content team is responsible for defining the scope of all training material created by both CBT Nuggets Trainers and CBT Nuggets Learning Content engineers, for the learning efficacy of content created, as measured both subjectively by the CEO and COO, and objectively by customer course ratings, for the management of trainers, to include the recruitment of new trainers and the public relations of current trainers, and for the management of all relationships with learning partners.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Course ratings exceeding a 10 to 1 ratio of thumbs up to thumbs down
- A growing amount of CBT Nuggets content available for learners.
- A growing cadre of CBT Nuggets trainers
- Clean and accurate pipeline data for trainer content created.
- Positive results from surveys and focus groups about CBT Nuggets content and learning efficacy
- A growing renewal rate and/or a renewal rate over 90%
- Oversee syllabus creation and direct activities to achieve maximum learning efficacy for the CBT Nuggets learners.
- Ensure successful project management of all learning content development.
- Oversee creation of primary and supplemental validation intellectual property.
- Ensure adequate, comprehensive review of all learning content intellectual property created
- Ensure all courses in the CBT Nuggets active catalog maintain minimum CBT Nuggets standards for quality.
- Manage trainer recruitment process for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supervising responsibilities
- Ensure trainer relationships are carefully maintained, coordinate marketing access to trainers and be aware of all trainer access to the public in the form of interviews, blogs, posts, etc. Ensure that trainers always represent the core values of CBT Nuggets to the public. Ensure that written material and interviews of trainers always represent the core values of CBT Nuggets.
- Ensure trainers have the resources they need to be successful.
- Create and maintain relationships with learning partners in coordination with the CEO and COO
- Perform constant learning content research and development in an effort to innovate whenever possible.
SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES/ EDUCATION:
- Education required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, Education or Information Technology recommended.
- Skills/experience required:
- Must have a technical certification from a major IT vendor or be willing to acquire one within 6 months of starting at CBT Nuggets.
- Experience as an IT professional is preferred.
- Prior management experience
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative and comfortable working on a team
- Attitude required:
- Honesty, humility, and integrity
- Inclusive and respectful
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for learning
- Comfortable with autonomy
- Eager to add new skills and grow professionally
- Skills that are preferred, but not required:
- A love of IT and/or technology
- Ability to be proficient with an Apple laptop
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, Slack, and internal CBT Nuggets software
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This position is a full-time (40 hours per week) salaried position, exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Compensation is dependent on experience and skill level
- Generous employee benefits
If you understand the value of hard work and you’re passionate about both the mission of CBT Nuggets and your role in it, then CBT Nuggets will be a very rewarding career opportunity for you.
CBT NUGGETS MISSION
To continually improve the effectiveness of learning.
CBT NUGGETS BRAND COMPONENTS:
Position: The distinct point of difference our brand holds in the minds of our target audience.
- IT training you can trust.
Personality: The human traits that describe our brand as if it were a person.
-Passionate, empathetic, and accountable.
Promise: The consistent experience we commit to providing at every touchpoint.
- Learner First
What you say doesn’t matter nearly as much as what you do. Prove to us that you have passion, attention to detail, a good work ethic, and are an independent thinker through your preparation for the interview. Imagine yourself as already having the job and focus on telling us how you will help CBT Nuggets accomplish its mission with your help.
Sign up for the free trial and learn about the CBT Nuggets offering. Every teammate at CBT Nuggets has to understand our customer and our product. Prepare as if you’re already on the team.
Don’t be nervous, there’s no reason to be. If you feel nervous, channel that energy into a better use.
Smile, and enjoy the process.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
CBT Nuggets provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (sex), gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, height, weight, physical appearance, hairstyle, need for reasonable accommodations, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation or familial status. In addition to federal law requirements, CBT Nuggets complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CBT Nuggets expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender (sex), gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, height, weight, physical appearance, hairstyle, need for reasonable accommodations, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation or familial status. Improper interference with the ability of CBT Nuggets’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
CBT Nuggets provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals who need accommodation for medical or religious reasons, as provided by law, in regards to candidate selection, job assignment, compensation, training, benefits, promotion, discipline, and termination, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to CBT Nuggets. The Company is committed to engaging in an interactive process for qualified individuals seeking reasonable accommodations as provided by law.
CBT Nuggets actively maintains and regularly updates its Affirmative Action Program.