Delivery Lead

UK Remote / Any Location
Experience Domains – Customer /
Permanent /
At City Electrical Factors, we encourage our people to ask questions, create, discover, and learn.

If you're passionate about what you do and think you can contribute, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every requirement listed. Your unique experiences and perspectives could be exactly what we need to grow and innovate.

Let's build something great together!
About CEF:

CEF is a global electrical wholesaler, providing electrical products to people in the industry known for its extensive range of products and commitment to customer service. Founded in 1951 in the United Kingdom, it has since expanded to over 1,000 locations across multiple countries, including the United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe.

We in IT are delivering value to our business and our customers with the innovative solutions that enable our business to better serve our customers today and in the future. We recognise that technology and data are at the forefront of this. 

Our Global IT team deliver a portfolio of transformative work, expand our digital options, upgrade and future-proof our systems to place us at the forefront of the marketplace. 
To do this, we need talented and creative people across all areas to join us in delivering our evolution to enable our forward-thinking business over the next few years and beyond, and this is where you come in... 

Life as a Delivery Lead at CEF:

As a Delivery Lead at City IT you will be responsible for ensuring our critical IT solutions are delivered in collaboration with our highly skilled domain teams for our stakeholders in the wider business.
You will be playing a pivotal role in ensuring the appropriate methodology is consistently followed to a high standard, working in collaboration with Global Delivery Practice.

You will be primarily focused on determining a plan against key global deliverables and then taking accountability to drive team performance to deliver against agreed objectives using a tool like JIRA.

The Delivery Lead proactively encourages sustained continuous improvement; they facilitate close engagement between the Team & business stakeholders, ensuring a common understanding of latest position, as well as fostering a collective approach to overcoming obstacles that may arise.

Your Objectives:

    • Build co-ordinated plans to deliver a range of software solutions in cross functional teams of talented engineers, architects and BAs.
    • Keep a finger on the pulse of delivery, anticipating blockers and managing risks to ensure delivery isn’t impacted.
    •  Provide regular status updates in governance forums
    • Drive continuous improvement within Global Delivery teams, ensuring open feedback loops and fostering a community of continuous improvement.
    • Support Delivery maturity within the global organisation enhancing your Community of Practice

Key Skills and Experience:

    • Experience delivering IT solutions across the full software development life cycle, including the transition of working software into service.
    • Knowledge and experience working with Agile, Waterfall or other SDLC methodologies – we don’t have a one size fits all approach!
    • You will be an excellent communicator, able to foster strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
    • Ability to influence and implement changes across diverse stakeholder groups

Interview Process:

    • Screening call with Talent Acquisition
    • Microsoft Teams call with members of our Delivery Practice
    • Microsoft Teams call with one of our Delivery Directors and a member of our Delivery Practice


    • Competitive basic salary 
    • Annual IT Bonus scheme 
    • Our teams predominantly work remotely but we have an award winning IT Headquarters based in Durham where you’ll always receive a warm welcome! 
    • Pension: 3% ee’e / 3% e’er (Total 6%) 
    • Champion Health – a comprehensive physical, mental & financial wellbeing platform,  offering bespoke content on all aspects of wellbeing & life 
    • Free use of the state of the art private gym at our IT Headquarters