IT Service Desk Analyst

Durham, UK
Service Operations (EMEA) – Service Desk (EMEA) /
Permanent /
Hybrid
About CEF:

At CEF we have a bold ambition for growth. We are passionate about delivering an unrivalled service for our customers and providing a strong culture with career opportunities for our people.

Across IT we are on an exciting mission to ensure we harness our growth opportunities by designing our technology architecture and solutions for constant evolution. We recognise that technology and data are at the forefront of enabling our business to better serve our customers today and in the future.

We have a fast-growing technology team delivering a portfolio of transformative work, expanding our digital options, and upgrading and future-proofing our systems to place us at the forefront of the marketplace.
We believe that teams who design, own and run our technology solutions are more connected to the value they create.

We are always looking to improve, collaborate and innovate and this is where you come in…

Life as an IT Service Desk Analyst at CEF (City Electrical Factors):  

As an IT Service Desk Analyst at City IT, you will be responsible for ensuring that our users receive timely and effective technical assistance.  

You will be an integral part of our Service Operations department in being that first point of contact for our internal business users, providing technical support and troubleshooting assistance for IT-related issues. You will be responsible for logging and tracking these incidents through a ticketing system (JIRA), resolving them in a timely manner, and escalating complex incidents, as necessary.  

The IT Service Desk Analyst will be highly motivated and dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service when it comes to resolving these issues. This and excellent problem-solving skills will contribute to the overall productivity and satisfaction of our employees. 

Your Objectives:

    • Act as the primary contact for IT-related incidents and service requests via various channels, including phone, email, and in-person, ensuring a prompt and efficient initial response.
    • Log and track all incidents and service requests meticulously in the ticketing system, ensuring accurate and timely documentation to meet service level agreements.
    • Provide first-level technical support to address hardware, software, and network-related issues, resolving incidents and service requests efficiently while escalating complex issues to appropriate teams for further investigation and resolution where necessary.
    • Collaborate with other IT teams to facilitate incident resolution, share knowledge, and contribute to end-user training and assistance with IT systems, software applications, and tools.
    • Maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service in interactions with users, continuously update technical knowledge, and actively contribute to the improvement of service desk processes, procedures, and knowledge base documentation.

Key Skills and Experience:

    • Previous experience in an IT support/ Customer Service role.  
    • Excellent customer service and communication skills  
    • Strong knowledge of desktops, laptops, mobile devices, operating systems (Windows, macOS), and common software applications (Microsoft Office, email clients, web browsers, etc.).  
    • Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks both independently and collaboratively. 
    • Flexibility to work in shifts and participate in an on-call rotation if required. 

Beneficial Skills and Experience:

    • Familiarity with ITIL principles and best practices for incident management, problem management, and service request management.
    • Knowledge around printers and printer servers (specifically OKI or Brother)
    • CompTIA+ or similar certification.

Interview Process:

    • Screening call with Talent Acquisition Team
    • Microsoft Teams call with IT Service Desk Team Lead
    • In Person with End-User Computing Team Lead and Senior Member of the team.  

Package:

    • Competitive basic salary 
    • Annual IT Bonus scheme 
    • Our teams predominantly work remotely but we have an award-winning IT Headquarters based in Durham where you will always receive a warm welcome! 
    • Pension: 3% ee’e / 3% e’er (Total 6%) 
    • Champion Health – a comprehensive physical, mental & financial wellbeing platform, offering bespoke content on all aspects of wellbeing & life including recipes, workouts, blogs and loads of other content for you 
    • Free use of the state-of-the-art private gym at our IT Headquarters