Senior Delivery Lead - Finance IT

UK Remote / Any Location / Durham, UK
Delivery Lead & Project Co-ordination Practice – Delivery Lead & Project Co-ordination /
Permanent /
Hybrid
About CEF:

At CEF we have a bold ambition for growth. We are passionate about delivering an unrivalled service for our customers and providing a strong culture with career opportunities for our people.

Across IT we are on an exciting mission to ensure we harness our growth opportunities by designing our technology architecture and solutions for constant evolution. We recognise that technology and data are at the forefront of enabling our business to better serve our customers today and in the future.

We have a fast-growing technology team delivering a portfolio of transformative work, expanding our digital options, and upgrading and future-proofing our systems to place us at the forefront of the marketplace.
We believe that teams who design, own and run our technology solutions are more connected to the value they create.

We are always looking to improve, collaborate and innovate and this is where you come in…

Life as a Senior Delivery Lead at CEF: 

As a Senior Delivery Lead in Finance IT, you will be responsible for ensuring our critical Workday solutions are delivered in collaboration with our highly skilled Finance IT Domain team, adding significant value for our stakeholders in the wider business.  

You will be playing a pivotal role in ensuring the appropriate methodology is consistently followed to a high standard, working in collaboration with Global Delivery Practice.  

You will be primarily focused on determining a plan against key global Workday deliverables and then taking accountability to drive team performance to deliver against agreed objectives using a tool like JIRA.  

The Senior Delivery Lead proactively encourages sustained continuous improvement; they facilitate close engagement between the Team & business stakeholders, ensuring a common understanding of latest position, as well as fostering a collective approach to overcoming obstacles that may arise.


Your Objectives:

    • Build co-ordinated plans to deliver a range of software solutions in cross functional teams of talented Systems Analysts, Engineers, architects and BAs. 
    • Keep a finger on the pulse of delivery, anticipating blockers and managing risks to ensure delivery isn’timpacted. 
    •  Provide regular status updates in governance forums 
    • Drive continuous improvement within Global Delivery teams, ensuring open feedback loops and fostering a community of continuous improvement. 
    • Support Delivery maturity within the global organisation enhancing your Community of Practice 
    • Lead and mentor Associate Delivery Leads 

Key Skills and Experience:

    • Experience delivering major software solutions across the full software development life cycle, including the transition of working software into service. 
    • You’ll have an excellent eye for detail and a keen knowledge of major IT systems like Finance, HR or People Systems 
    • Knowledge and experience working with Agile, Waterfall or other SDLC methodologies – we don’t have a one size fits all approach! 
    • You will be an excellent communicator, able to foster strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders  
    • Ability to influence and implement changes across diverse stakeholder groups 

Interview Process:

    • Screening call with Talent Acquisition 
    • Microsoft Teams call with members of our Finance IT Domain 
    • Microsoft Teams call with our Global Head of Finance IT and one of our Delivery Directors 

Package:

    • Competitive basic salary
    • Annual IT Bonus scheme
    • Our teams predominantly work remotely but we have an award winning IT Headquarters based in Durham where you’ll always receive a warm welcome!
    • Pension: 3% ee’e / 3% e’er (Total 6%)
    • Champion Health – a comprehensive physical, mental & financial wellbeing platform, offering bespoke content on all aspects of wellbeing & life including recipes, workouts, blogs and loads of other content for you
    • Free use of the state of the art private gym at our IT Headquarters