Global Head of Technology & Architecture

UK Remote / Any Location
Global Architecture & Engineering – Technology & Architecture /
Remote
About CEF:

CEF is a global electrical wholesaler, providing electrical products to people in the industry known for its extensive range of products and commitment to customer service. Founded in 1951 in the United Kingdom, it has since expanded to over 1,000 locations across multiple countries, including the United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe.

We in IT are delivering value to our business and our customers with the innovative solutions that enable our business to better serve our customers today and in the future. We recognise that technology and data are at the forefront of this. 

Our Global IT team deliver a portfolio of transformative work, expand our digital options, upgrade and future-proof our systems to place us at the forefront of the marketplace. 
 
To do this, we need talented and creative people across all areas to join us in delivering our evolution to enable our forward-thinking business over the next few years and beyond, and this is where you come in... 

Life as our Global Head of Technology & Architecture at City IT: 

As our Global Head of Technology & Architecture at City IT you will be responsible for leading the technology solutions and services that enable City Electrical Factors (EMEA) and City Electric Supply (North America) to provide our market leading products and services to our customers across the globe. 

You’ll be a proven leader, working collaboratively with our Global Director of Architecture and Engineering, Global Heads of Engineering and business leaders to drive the strategic roadmap of and vision of City IT.  

In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to lead the Technology & Architecture teams through some key initiatives for IT to evolve and support our business through the upgrades of business critical systems and applications. You’ll also be able to work effectively as part of our Extended Leadership team to drive our culture and ensure we live up to our IT Values! 

Your Objectives:

    • Establish and develop strong relationships with IT and Business Leaders across CEF and CES 
    • Collaborate with the Global Director of Architecture and Engineering, Global Heads of Engineering and business and technology leaders to develop a shared technology vision, strategy and roadmap 
    • Be open to the adoption of a broad range of technologies, identifying opportunities to standardise through off the shelf products or differentiate through built or best in class solutions and work with domain and business teams to encourage collaboration and adoption 
    • Build an architecture capability which supports and enables the Global Domain, Platform and IT Functions in the delivery of new capabilities  
    • Build an architecture practice which provides methodologies/frameworks, processes, standards and toolsets which enable quality outcomes and faster delivery 

Key Skills and Experience:

    • Proven experience in a global role with multiple geographies and cultures 
    • Experience in leading and managing Solution, Associate and Technical Architects 
    • Experience architecting AWS serverless solutions as well as integrating best in class software solutions  
    • Able to take a pragmatic approach to solving complex challenges 
    • You’ll be a skilled communicator and relationship builder, helping to solidify our culture and relationships 

Interview Process:

    • Screening Call with Talent Acquisition (45 Mins) 
    • Microsoft Teams call with our Global Director of Architecture and Engineering(30 Mins) 
    • Teams call with our Global Director of Architecture and Engineering and a member of our Extended Leadership Team (60 Mins) 
    • MS Teams meeting with our CIO (30 Mins) 

Package:

    • Competitive basic salary 
    • Annual IT Bonus scheme 
    • Our teams predominantly work remotely but we have an award winning IT Headquarters based in Durham where you’ll always receive a warm welcome! 
    • Access to My Savings – Online Discounts, Discount Gym Memberships and Cashback! 
    • Pension: 3% employee / 3% employer (Total 6%) 
    • Champion Health – a comprehensive physical, mental & financial wellbeing platform, offering bespoke content on all aspects of wellbeing & life 
    • Free use of the state of the art private gym at our IT Headquarters