Business Analyst (Finance Systems)
Core Domains – Finance IT /
At CES we have a bold ambition for growth. We are passionate about delivering an unrivalled service for our customers and providing a strong culture with career opportunities for our people.
Across IT we are on an exciting mission to ensure we harness our growth opportunities by designing our technology architecture and solutions for constant evolution. We recognise that technology and data are at the forefront of enabling our business to better serve our customers today and in the future.
We have a fast-growing technology team delivering a portfolio of transformative work, expanding our digital options, and upgrading and future-proofing our systems to place us at the forefront of the marketplace.
We believe that teams who design, own and run our technology solutions are more connected to the value they create. We are always looking to improve, collaborate and innovate and this is where you come in…
You will be expected to understand the real needs of customers and colleagues and collaborate with technical teams to transform these into small achievable deliverables, ensuring the delivery of quality and value. You will be expected to work across all areas of the business on complex initiatives and help promote business analysis and IT within the organization.
- Work cross functionally with finance teams, business managers, and other stakeholders to gather and document detailed business and functional requirements related to financial systems.
- Understand user need, pain points, and challenges, and translate them into actionable project specifications.
- Analyze existing financial systems, tools, processes, and integrations to identify inefficiencies, data integrity issues, and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with IT teams to design and implement financial systems solutions and enhancements. Ensure that proposed solutions align with best practices, maintain data security, and improve overall efficiency in financial operations.
- Support and develop test plans to ensure testing can be conducted for accurate results and compliance with business requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design and generate financial reports, dashboards, and data visualizations.
- Enable data-driven decision-making by providing accurate and timely financial insights.
- In conjunction with the Finance SME, identify opportunities to streamline and automate finance processes, driving operational efficiency and reducing manual interventions.
- Create documentation to support system configuration, processes, and training materials to assists finance team members in effectively using finance systems and technologies.
- Collaborate with Finance SME, support the change management process by helping teams adapt to new systems and processes, addressing any resistance or concerns.
- Compile and manage backlog of user stories created in collaboration with the delivery team.
- Utilize outstanding communication skills to be a conduit for technical and non-technical teams.
- Facilitate workshops and meetings at all stages of the delivery lifecycle.
- 3+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst.
- Experience working within finance, accounting, or banking.
- Proficiency in finance-related systems such as ERP.
- Good knowledge and practical experience of performing analysis within Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience of modelling business processes across different departments and identifying valuable improvements
- Knowledge of industry standard tools; JIRA, confluence etc.
- Experience of working in a B2B or B2C business.
- Recognized business analysis qualification.
- Understanding of finance processes, financial reporting, and accounting principles
- Knowledge/experience of JIRA Software and Confluence.
City Electric Supply (CES) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or other protected class status. In additional to the federal law requirements, CES complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
CES also makes reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the ADA. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.