Senior Software Engineer
Experience Domains – Digital Domain (North America) /
At CES we have a bold ambition for growth. We are passionate about delivering an unrivalled service for our customers and providing a strong culture with career opportunities for our people.
Across IT we are on an exciting mission to ensure we harness our growth opportunities by designing our technology architecture and solutions for constant evolution. We recognise that technology and data are at the forefront of enabling our business to better serve our customers today and in the future.
We have a fast-growing technology team delivering a portfolio of transformative work, expanding our digital options, and upgrading and future-proofing our systems to place us at the forefront of the marketplace.
We believe that teams who design, own and run our technology solutions are more connected to the value they create. We are always looking to improve, collaborate and innovate and this is where you come in…
Life as a Senior Software Engineer at CES:
As a Senior Software Engineer at City IT you will be responsible for working on a variety of customer-centric projects in our Digital Domain. Initially you’ll be focusing on redeveloping our City Electric Supply website, where you’ll be focusing on the user experience and overhauling our data architecture behind the site.
You’ll be working with colleagues across the USA, Canada and the UK including developers, testers, Business Analysts, Delivery Leads and Architects who are passionate about providing our customers with the best possible experience on our site.
- Design, create and maintain future-proof scalable code with best industry practice
- Lead, coach and mentor our cross-functional Digital domain teams
- Redesign our customer journey, improving our server side software including databases, back-end logic, application programming interface (APIs) and architecture
- Improve our search function using ElasticSearch clusters to meet website performance, scalability and performance
Key Skills and Experience:
- Able to design, create and maintain clean code with C#, .Net, SQL and web development
- Agile development experience
- Experience delivering code using CI/CD pipelines
- Git version control
- Quality focussed, paired programming & code reviews
- Screening Call with Talent Acquisition
- Interview with our Head of Digital Domain and a member of our Digital Domain
- Interview with our Global Head of Domain
- Competitive base salary
- Our teams predominantly work remotely but we have an IT Headquarters based in Dallas where you’ll always receive a warm welcome and has striking views of the iconic Dallas skyline!
- 401k Contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision cover
- Champion Health – a comprehensive physical, mental & financial wellbeing platform, offering bespoke content on all aspects of wellbeing & life including recipes, workouts, blogs and loads of other content for you
- Free use of the state of the art private gym at our IT Headquarters
Please note whilst this role is predominantly home based, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to get to our office in downtown Dallas as and when required.
City Electric Supply (CES) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or other protected class status. In additional to the federal law requirements, CES complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
CES also makes reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the ADA. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.