IT Helpdesk Support (Deskside)
Help Desk (North America) – Help Desk (North America) /
At CES we have a bold ambition for growth. We are passionate about delivering an unrivalled service for our customers and providing a strong culture with career opportunities for our people.
Across IT we are on an exciting mission to ensure we harness our growth opportunities by designing our technology architecture and solutions for constant evolution. We recognise that technology and data are at the forefront of enabling our business to better serve our customers today and in the future.
We have a fast-growing technology team delivering a portfolio of transformative work, expanding our digital options, and upgrading and future-proofing our systems to place us at the forefront of the marketplace.
We believe that teams who design, own and run our technology solutions are more connected to the value they create. We are always looking to improve, collaborate and innovate and this is where you come in…
As a Help Desk/Deskside Support Technician you are responsible for interacting with our end users in resolving support requests and general technical related inquiries. In this role you are accountable for gathering information from the customer and determining the fundamental problem.
You can complete elementary first level fixes to known issues.
- Takes the preliminary call and in-person requests from users and creates the ticket
- Provide on-site support to internal customers
- Gather customers information / data and determine the fundamental problem
- Troubleshooting, (researching the symptoms) of the problem
- Documents steps in determining the underlying problem
- Hardware and Software Troubleshooting skills
- Network Troubleshooting
- Escalates to Level 2 technician within time constraints
- Follows up on resolutions until completion
- Walk customers through the problem-solving process
- Follows established departmental standards and procedures
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Works under supervision and understands the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts
- Ability to work full time or overtime, if necessary
- Some travel required to Headquarters for meetings and training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ of related work experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to work within a team environment and maintain positive relationships with co-workers
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires sitting at a desk for long periods of time. The employee must be able to
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- lift and move items up to 10 pounds.
City Electric Supply (CES) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or other protected class status. In additional to the federal law requirements, CES complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
CES also makes reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the ADA. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.