Senior Delivery Lead
UK Remote / Any Location / Durham, UK / Dallas, TX / Any US State
Delivery Lead & Project Co-ordination Practice – Delivery Lead & Project Co-ordination /
At CEF we have a bold ambition for growth. We are passionate about delivering an unrivalled service for our customers and providing a strong culture with career opportunities for our people.
Across IT we are on an exciting mission to ensure we harness our growth opportunities by designing our technology architecture and solutions for constant evolution. We recognise that technology and data are at the forefront of enabling our business to better serve our customers today and in the future.
We have a fast-growing technology team delivering a portfolio of transformative work, expanding our digital options, and upgrading and future-proofing our systems to place us at the forefront of the marketplace.
We believe that teams who design, own and run our technology solutions are more connected to the value they create.
We are always looking to improve, collaborate and innovate and this is where you come in…
About the role:
The Senior Delivery Lead role assumes responsibility for leading the delivery of complex, high risk IT solutions for our stakeholders. They adopt a pivotal role in co-ordinating large numbers of global IT resources and ensuring the appropriate methodology is consistently followed to a high standard, acting as a key contributor to the Global Delivery Practice.
This role is primarily focused on determining a plan and then taking accountability to drive team performance to deliver against agreed objectives. The Senior Delivery Lead proactively encourages sustained continuous improvement; they facilitate close engagement between the Team& business stakeholders, ensuring a common understanding of latest position, as well as fostering a collective approach to overcoming obstacles that may arise.
Build a co-ordinated plan to deliver & report on progress:
- Takes the lead to create an agreed approach where the work is complex and/or high-profile, ensuring a globally co-ordinated delivery plan that meets the identified needs of the CEF/CES business. This typically includes leading multiple development teams working across multiple workstreams (which may be resourced externally), working alongside senior stakeholders in the organisation to mitigate delivery risks (with significant commercial impact) as well as managing large budgets (typically in £M).
- Ensures a common understanding of scope, timelines and budget, as well as risks & dependencies to the planned delivery, across IT and Business stakeholders by practicing clear, transparent & regular communication of latest position. May represent Delivery Teams at senior governance forums as required.
- Determines appropriate delivery methodology and implements in accordance with the latest guidelines from the Global Delivery Practice, the Global Portfolio ways of working and Delivery Domain protocol.
Drive continuous improvement within Global Delivery teams:
- Curates a working environment that prizes curiosity & cherishes a growth mindset. Working in collaboration with their Team and respective line management, the Senior Delivery Lead implements systems that facilitate reflective practices and use feedback loops to identify areas for improvement at a Capability, a Team and an individual level.
- Driven to optimise the delivery performance of the team, this senior role applies their experience to identify potential future impediments and takes pre-emptive action to minimise impact on delivery. They are often an escalation point for delivery risks from other teams, acting in a mentor capacity to encourage development of more junior delivery roles.
- Builds a culture within the wider Delivery capability that embodies IT Values; where individuals take pride in the work delivered, feel supported in their professional development, and have an authentic affinity with their customers.
Support Delivery maturity within the global organisation:
- The Senior Delivery role pro-actively contributes to the ongoing maturity of the Global Delivery Practice, often taking ownership of areas of professional interest, and exploiting their external network to enhance internal knowledge.
- As a line manager, the role holds accountability for the ongoing leadership and development of their team, facilitates a safe space for their team to thrive, agreeing clear professional development objectives and providing support in their realisation, including regular feedback on progress.
- Experience working across the full software development life cycle, including the transition of working software into service for complex and high-risk projects with multiple dependencies.
- Experience line managing others, including completing performance appraisals & providing feedback.
- Experience working with work tracking systems (Preferably JIRA) and using estimation practices to build out delivery roadmap views.
- Demonstrable strong communication skills and highly collaborative in approach when managing multiple stakeholder groups (including managing vendor relationships)
- Ability to influence and implement transformational changes across diverse stakeholder groups.
- Member of relevant professional network or community, who shows a keen interest in contributing to the development of their profession.
- Qualification in Agile or Project Management delivery methodologies from certified training organisation.