Head of Commercialization
New York, NY /
Head of Commercialization
Climate change is the defining challenge of our time. In addition to deep and widespread emissions reduction, the IPCC estimates that we need 10 billion tons of negative emissions by mid-century to stave off planetary crisis. This means capturing CO2 from the atmosphere and permanently storing it. Our goal at Cella is to provide a safe and secure way to permanently store CO2 at the scale needed to make a positive impact on the earth’s climate. We do this by accelerating a natural process that transforms carbon dioxide into rock, harnessing the planet’s own powers to combat climate change. We’re creating the world’s most efficient mineralization process, which means lower costs and environmental impacts, enabling us to scale to climate-relevant impact within a decade. Our technology also opens up possibilities for carbon removal in new geological contexts, creating opportunities to grow carbon removal around the world, from Kenya’s Rift Valley to the Pacific Northwest of the United States.
At Cella we are committed to principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and we believe that the only way to achieve our mission is through realizing this commitment in all aspects of our work. As a company guided by science and innovation, we recognize that research shows us that the best ideas result from teams with a range of backgrounds and experiences working together in an environment that allows them to harness the creative power of diversity.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Commercialization is tasked with turning our technology into a business. The primary area of focus is developing our core go-to-market strategy and building revenue generating partnerships with our customers. As the first-of-its-kind role your work will involve a mix of strategy, marketing, and operations.
What you’ll do
● Develop and execute against the strategic roadmap for business development and partnerships that enables the company to bring its technologies to market
● Lead the development of go-to-market plan, pricing strategies, and sales and marketing materials for the company's products and services
● Identify and evaluate new business opportunities and potential partnerships through leading exploratory discussions with existing or prospective partners and cultivating senior-level executive relationships with partners
● Work closely with the CEO and senior leadership team to align the commercialization strategy with the overall mission and goals of the company
● Work and serve as the liaison between our existing or prospective partners and Cella’s leadership and inform go/no-go and prioritization decisions on new partnerships
● Develop template agreements and negotiate first-of-a-kind partnerships, including deal economics
● Inform goals for growth and revenue (and its proxies); and advise on associated business resource needs
● Monitor and analyze market trends, customer feedback, and competitor activities to identify opportunities for improvement and growth
● Build and manage a high-performing commercialization team to execute on the company's strategy
What we’re looking for:
● 7+ years experience in early stage business development, account management, client success, or strategic partnerships in technology or high growth / early stage startups
● Demonstrated success in developing and executing commercialization strategies for new products or technologies
● Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information and make data-driven decisions
● Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, with the ability to effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels
● Experience managing and developing high-performing teams
● Passion for environmental sustainability and mitigating climate change
● Autonomous self-organizer who can balance and organize your schedule to maximize productivity
● Eagerness to work in a fast-moving organization and comfortable with uncertainties that come along with building a company in a quickly evolving market
● Empathetic, a good listener, and a team player
Why you should join Cella
● Ability to make an impact: There is no greater challenge or opportunity than fighting climate change and this job gives you the opportunity to make a difference in this fight. As a venture-backed company in an exciting field, we’re charting a course to store over a billion tons of carbon by mid-century. With this first-of-its-kind role you can make a large impact on shaping the direction of this journey.
● Work with a world-class team and partners: we are some of the top experts in carbon mineralization in the world, combined with a track record of delivering impact at scale. We’re working with some of the world’s pioneering companies in the climate tech space, and our early customers include Stripe and Shopify
● A competitive salary and generous benefits, including meaningful equity compensation, comprehensive health coverages, access to our 401k plan, and unlimited PTO and sick days.
Please note: while we appreciate all applicants, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted by our team.