Senior Software Engineer (I, II, III)
South San Francisco, CA /
Engineering (Software) – Software Engineering /
Cellares is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Senior Software Engineer who will contribute significantly to the development of our advanced cell therapy manufacturing platform.
The primary focus of this position will be the design and implementation of software applications. You will assist in the architecture and implementation of the software components, and help work with the systems/mechanical teams to bring up and validate new automation systems. This individual will interface across many parts of the company to develop novel products used in the cell therapy and gene therapy world.
The individual will interface across many parts of the company (with scientists, researchers, and engineers) to develop the best solutions possible.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared to tackle a broad selection of challenges as the company grows.
- Module-level design, implementation, and maintenance of high-quality software applications
- Ensure successful integration of software modules of our larger software application suites
- Work with biologists, product management, software engineers and mechanical engineers to define, implement and verify software engineering requirements
- Participate in the entire Software Engineering Lifecycle from Planning, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Reviews through testing and maintenance
- Participate in subsystem integration activities with a cross-functional team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or a related technical degree
- 6-11 years industry experience developing customer-shippable software
- 4+ years of experience in C# or Java
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming and SOLID principles is required
- Experience with programming languages such as .Net /C#, Java or C++ is required
- Familiarity with the principles of SDLC and methodologies like Agile/Scrum, CI, Good Documentation Practices, Refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Experience working with relational databases is preferred
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience interacting with vendors and an understanding of 3rd party API implementations
- Experience building machine control and diagnostic web APIs and UIs is preferred
- Experience interfacing with and integrating industrial I/O solutions, such as PLCs is preferred
- Openness to learning new tools such as C# 9.0, and the latest version of Angular
- Experience leading and mentoring more junior engineers
- Understanding of operating systems, especially Windows or Linux is required
- Knowledge of static code analysis tool such as Coverity, SonarQube
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Azure DevOps is preferred
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment
- Experience in regulated industry such as medical devices, cell therapy, bioprocessing, or instrumentation is highly desirable
- Experience integrating industrial articulated robots (i.e. Kuka, ABB) is a plus
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 or 21 CFR part 11 is a plus
- Self-awareness, integrity, authenticity, and a growth mindset
This role can be predominately remote with scheduled onsite time with the team.
Annual Salary Range: $90,000 - $210,000
Cellares total compensation package contains competitive base salaries, highly subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, 401(k) Matching, Free EV Charging, Onsite lunches, and Stock options. All displayed pay ranges are approximate, negotiable, and location dependent.
This is Cellares
Cellares is creating the future of cell therapy manufacturing. The company is developing an innovative cell therapy manufacturing solution that is robust, cost-effective and scalable so that cell therapies are more affordable and widely available to patients in need. Our multidisciplinary team comes together from diverse backgrounds with a shared passion for accelerating access to life-saving cell therapies. We value integrity, curiosity, the courage to grow and embrace change. At Cellares, you will collaborate with a world class team of engineers, scientists, and business leaders who are as excited about improving the world as you are.
Leveling will be based on overall experience, education, and demonstration of knowledge throughout the interview process.