Senior/Staff Program Manager
South San Francisco, CA /
Program Management – Program Management /
Cellares is seeking a Senior to Staff level Program Manager who will be responsible for driving hardware teams in the design, development, testing and design transfer of the Cell Shuttle. This person will need to be detail oriented, proactive, efficient, technically minded, and highly motivated to be the driving force to help facilitate between groups and maintain focus on program timelines.
This is a primarily internal-facing and multidisciplinary role; this individual will interface across many parts of the company (with scientists, researchers, and engineers) to develop the best solutions possible. The successful candidate will be well versed in process development and have demonstrated experience leading a product or service through launch.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared to tackle a broad selection of challenges as the company grows.
- Own and drive product and program roadmaps and timelines; define critical paths and own risks and decisions associated with the programs
- Develop and execute communications management plans for the program team, key stakeholders, and business leaders
- Work closely with R&D, Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Product Management, Marketing, and Stakeholders to analyze and make appropriate tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements, manufacturability, and cost
- Work closely with counterparts to ensure prototypes, supplier and manufacturing activities are scheduled and tracked appropriately, ensuring adherence to timelines
- Work closely with all internal teams to ensure Design Control and Quality Systems processes are followed per relevant procedures
- Collaborate with the key stakeholders and leadership team to define, manage and own program scope
- Coordinate internally with Engineering, PLM, Finance, and Operations to assure new products COGS are released, report on costs of developmental builds and mass production regularly
- Assist in developing framework and guidance to support the development and launch of Cellares’s Cell Therapy Manufacturing Platform and its corresponding Quality Programs
- Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
- Must be a highly effective communicator
- Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including concept development, testing, design, implementation, verification, validation and manufacturing transfer
- Skilled at working on multiple simultaneous projects, alongside strong problem solving and triaging skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment: comfortable with ambiguity and excited to to help shape the future of the PMO at Cellares
- Experience with SmartSheets preferred
- Self-awareness, integrity, authenticity, and a growth mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, attention to detail, problem solving, acting with a sense of urgency, and enthusiasm
- Should be skilled at working on multiple simultaneous projects
- B.S. in engineering or life sciences field
- 5+ years of project/program management experience, with experience driving new product introductions
- 2+ years of experience working in a GMP environment
- Knowledge of the cell and gene therapy landscape preferred
$90,000 - $210,000 a year
Cellares total compensation package contains competitive base salaries, highly subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, 401(k) Matching, Free EV Charging, Onsite lunches, and Stock options. All displayed pay ranges are approximate, negotiable, and location dependent.
This is Cellares
Cellares is the first Integrated Development and Manufacturing Organization (IDMO) and takes an Industry 4.0 approach to mass manufacturing the living drugs of the 21st century. The company is both developing and operating integrated technologies for cell therapy manufacturing to accelerate access to life-saving cell therapies. The company’s Cell Shuttle integrates all the technologies required for the entire manufacturing process in a flexible and high-throughput platform that delivers true walk-away, end-to-end automation. Cell Shuttles will be deployed in Cellares’ Smart Factories around the world to meet total patient demand for cell therapies at global scale. Partnering with Cellares enables academics, biotechs, and pharma companies to accelerate drug development and scale out manufacturing, lower process failure rates, lower manufacturing costs, and meet global patient demand.
The company is headquartered in South San Francisco, California with its commercial-scale IDMO Smart Factory in Bridgewater, New Jersey. The company is backed by world-class investors and has raised over $355 million in financing.
Leveling will be based on overall experience, education, and demonstration of knowledge throughout the interview process.