Argentina Ecosystem Lead
Buenos Aires /
Business & Operations /
Argentina Ecosystem Lead - Buenos Aires
3 Month Contract, Full Time
*Please submit applications and resumes in English
The Celo mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on the Celo platform is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
As an Ecosystem Country Lead for this decentralized technology, working with the team at C Labs, you will help build and support the community of collaborators and early adopters interested in contributing to and benefiting from the Celo platform. You will be responsible for the implementation of an education campaign about Celo and the different use cases for the technology, starting with building the community and including on-the-ground project management and engagement with key local collaborators.
You will: Establish an engaged community of users and key collaborators in Argentina
- Develop a community of Celo users in-country through kickoff events, networking, etc
- Serve as an ambassador to Celo: educate the community about Celo at events, conferences, etc
- Conduct user research and experiments to better understand the community of early adopters
- Engage with Celo users regularly and respond to information inquiries in a timely manner
- Monitor feedback and represent the voice of the customer to C Labs' Product, Engineering, and Ecosystem teams
- Support C Labs' Product and Experience teams with localization and other relevant requests
Provide support and nurture an ecosystem of key partners in Argentina
- Build relationships within the financial inclusion, decentralized finance and crypto communities
- Partner with C Labs team members to scope out partners that add value to the Celo platform
- Nurture relationships with existing and new partners
- Attend events, conferences, etc to gain insight into local developments in the crypto and Fintech spaces
- Engage with local contributors and advocates to ensure consistency and success in collaborative efforts
- Passionate about Celo's financial inclusion mission
- Excited about blockchain and cryptocurrency and their potential
- An independent, self-driven and organized go-getter who can thrive in uncharted waters
- An excellent communicator with high emotional intelligence
- Enthusiastic about working in a startup environment
- At least 3+ years experience living and working in Argentina
- Experience in community building (offline + online), events planning, content creation and/or a similar function
- At least 2+ years of experience in project/program management
- Ability to work cross-functionally and across time zones
- Experience working in Fintech/payments or blockchain in Argentina
- Fluency in English
- [Nice to have] Strong connections in the local crypto/blockchain community
What we offer:
- Challenging projects with impactful work
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working conditions
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2018 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.