Project Manager - Southeast Asia
Business & Operations
Our mission is to build a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, Celo makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Anyone can participate in the network and earn Celo currency, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on our platform is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
About the role
We are looking for a Project Manager based in Manilla to help us gain user insights and explore opportunities in Southeast Asia. This Project Manager will work closely with the Go-to-Market and Product teams to bring our mobile app into the hands of users.
We are a full-stack company i.e. we are building both blockchain protocols and the mobile user experiences on top of them. We are experienced startup founders and operators.
We are looking for a project manager who will work part time (~5-10 hours a week) for the duration of the engagement. Additional work may be required on an ad-hoc, mutually agreed upon basis.
- Arrange meetings with potential partners working in financial inclusion, payments, retail, blockchain etc.
- Organize interviews among potential users for research and app prototyping
- Handle ground logistics, including hiring and managing drivers, translators, support staff
- Serve as a primary point of contact for questions from pilot participants
- Conduct user research through in person and phone interviews
- Manage relationships with partners, vendors, and users on the Celo platform
- A strong passion for Celo's mission
- Ability to work independently with remote supervision
- Fluency in English and Tagalog
- Experience working in field research and/or mobile payments
- A go-getter attitude
- Bonus: Deep understanding or passion for blockchain technology
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.