Go to Market Fellow (Summer 2019)
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Business & Operations
Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission at C Labs is to help build a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, Celo makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Anyone can participate in the network and earn Celo currency, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on our platform is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
The Go to Market Summer Fellow is a meaningful role on the Celo team. Working closely with team members across the organization you will help to develop a strategy for expansion in our priority markets. You will work with your mentor inside the GTM team to define a clear project over which you will have ownership and will be responsible delivering against. In the past, Fellows have worked on projects such as: planning, scoping, and leading a user research trip in Kenya and developing a framework and entry playbook for high priority markets.
- Conduct extensive market research about our priority countries
- Assist creating detailed project plans, working closely with internal teams such as Product, Partnerships, Community, Legal etc.
- Help Go to Market team set up on the ground logistics for Celo’s international projects
- Be working full time in San Francisco for 10-12 weeks with potential travel to frontier markets
- Currently pursuing an MBA, Masters, PhD., or similar graduate degree at an accredited institution
- Passionate about Celo's financial inclusion mission
- Excited about blockchain and cryptocurrency and their potential
- An independent and self-driven go-getter who can thrive in uncharted waters
- Highly organized and focused even with limited supervision and can easily coordinate projects across different regions
- An excellent communicator with high emotional intelligence
- Enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and constantly learning
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Relocation/temporary housing benefit
- Commuter benefit
- Beautiful office space
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, beer, and coffee
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.