Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission is to build a monetary system that creates the conditions of prosperity for all.
Globally, about one in every three adults do not have a bank account. As a simple consequence of this, they don’t have a straightforward means of receiving or storing value across distance, and therefore are excluded from a large part of the global economy. We believe that to create a truly inclusive financial system, we must start by building an infrastructure to serve those excluded from the current system. Further, we believe that if we are able to do so, the resulting system will be more useful, more resilient, more full-featured, and more accessible for everybody.
- We are a full-stack company i.e. we are building both blockchain protocols and the mobile user experiences on top of them
- We are experienced startup founders and operators
- We are highly technical, with backgrounds at places like Google and MIT
- We are mission driven with a big goal: to bring sound currency and property rights to those who need it most
- We have a strong engineering culture, which values open-source
- Implement and test mobile applications developed on Celo
- Work with other senior engineers to contribute high level decisions about the Celo mobile application and architecture
- Help to hit product milestones by writing high quality, well tested code
- Help communicate and implement best practices across the engineering team
- Perform and participate in code reviews
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Work in a high performance scrum team
- Collaborate with product and design teams
- A strong passion for Celo's mission
- Ability to write high quality, well tested code
- Ability to grow and adapt to a rapidly evolving technology stack
- Strong experience developing production mobile applications
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead technical discussions
- Experience building software that is reusable, extensible, and modular
- A passion for testing and achieving high test coverage
- Enthusiasm to work in a startup environment
- 2+ years real-world experience in software
- Bonus: Experience with more than one mobile platform (e.g. React Native, Android and iOS)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and coin plan
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.