Developer Experience Engineer
cLabs is seeking engineers to join our Developer Experience Engineering team. This team is responsible for supporting and building tools to grow the Celo ecosystem. Some of the existing tools include the ContractKit SDK, the Celo CLI, the Alfajores developer network, the Eksportisto chain data exporter, and our docs. You’ll work closely with Product, Developer Relations, and our Ecosystem Growth teams. This position is located in either Berlin or Remote.
- We are experienced startup founders and operators
- We are mission-driven with a big goal: to bring sound currency and property rights to those who need it most
- We are fast-paced and loosely-structured, with a number of offices and a growing team
- We are a full-stack solution i.e. we are building both blockchain protocols and the applications that deliver end-user experiences on top of them
- We are highly technical, with an accomplished team dedicated to learning and pushing boundaries
- We have a strong engineering culture, which values open-source
- Build, document, and release tools to support the needs of developers
- Provide architecture advice and engineering support to teams building on Celo
- Diagnose and help fix technical issues developers face building on Celo
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience using the following tools: Truffle, NPM, TypeScript
- Experience working with blockchains
- Knowledge of blockchain application architecture
- A desire to work across the stack and with multiple languages
- Bonus: Experience in a similar role - Solutions Engineer, Forward Deployed Engineer, Developer Relations
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, and coin plan
- Beautiful office space
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.