Developer Relations Engineer
Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission at C Labs is to help build a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, Celo makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Anyone can participate in the network and earn Celo currency, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on our platform is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
In this role you will have the opportunity to shape and implement the experience for developers contributing across the Celo stack and foster a thriving open source community. Since developers are a key stakeholder, this role is an opportunity to substantially contribute to the success of the Celo open source platform.
Location is negotiable. You'll be associated with and spend time regularly in one of Celo's offices (San Francisco, Berlin, Buenos Aires), but also travel regularly to organize and attend developer and community events, including internationally.
- We are experienced startup founders and operators
- We are mission-driven with a big goal: to bring sound currency and property rights to those who need it most
- We are fast-paced and loosely-structured, with a number of offices and a growing team
- We are a full-stack solution i.e. we are building both blockchain protocols and the applications that deliver end-user experiences on top of them
- We are highly technical, with an accomplished team dedicated to learning and pushing boundaries
- We have a strong engineering culture, which values open-source
- Own the relationship with developers building on top of Celo, from building awareness and driving adoption through to supporting established users
- Design and implement the Celo open-source developer experience
- Code integrations, example apps, and contribute to SDKs, bugs and enhancements
- Write clear documentation and compelling tutorials
- Develop and deliver content, presentations that resonate with the community
- Drive and participate in developer workshops and other external events
- Help organize, build and train local developer communities and university developer groups
- Encourage and celebrate diversity in the communities you build
- Represent the community externally and internally and influence the product (SDK) team with your insights
- Work closely with the C Labs product, engineering and community teams
- 3+ experience working as a software engineer or engineering-focused developer advocate
- Ability to distill complex concepts into easy to understand explanations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Deep understanding of open-source development and communities
- An intuition for what makes a good developer experience
- Published technical articles and/or given technical presentations
- The ability to travel regularly, including to destinations across the world
- Bonus: Experience programming in Solidity
- Bonus: Passion for blockchain and decentralized technology
- Bonus: A second language
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.