San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Business & Operations
Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission at C Labs is to help build a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, Celo makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Anyone can participate in the network and earn Celo currency, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on our platform is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
The Business Development Lead is a meaningful role on the C Labs core team. You are responsible for the new development, expansion, and management of new C Lab's partners in emerging mobile markets globally. The role will be responsible for establishing, rapidly growing, and maintaining relationships with new partners. You will engage in technical aspects of the product to regulatory/policy topics to deepen understanding of C Lab’s product and vision.
Key elements of the strategy include new user acquisition through global scale partnerships, technology integration partners, along with distribution channels. Identify the core strategy and the metrics to measure success.
- Build strong relationships with governments, central banks, regulators, non-governmental organizations, foundations and local corporations, particularly in the telco and banking industry
- Structure deals and navigating conversations to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Implement the partnership strategy to deliver new consumer and business customers through referrals, channels, and technology integrations
- Structure negotiations, strategic dealmaker, and enjoy working within the Celo value system
- Work closely with internal teams, such as product, marketing, legal, sales, and engineering to ensure alignment in strategy and priority of strategic partnership opportunities
- Travel frequently to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Passionate about Celo's mission and the role Celo plays in the global market
- Hands-on in identifying, negotiating and deal-making with technology partners
- A negotiator with strong deal structuring skill set
- Technical and have a product affinity
- Comfortable navigating uncertainty and ambiguity
- 8+ years of experience leading Business Development or Partnerships
- A personal network at larger financial institutes or financial service experience is a plus
- Enthusiasm about working in a startup environment
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and coin plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefit
- 401k plan
- Beautiful office space
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, beer, and coffee
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.