Mobile Security Lead
At cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
As the Mobile Security Lead at cLabs you will be responsible for analyzing the security of our mobile app, Valora, and its CI/CD environment. You will also lead pen testing attempts against the application and its supporting development environment.
- Analyze the security of all Mobile cLabs applications with special focus on Valora
- Interact with the bug bounty program of our application
- Provide best coding Practices for IOS and Android
- Design the security practices around the mobile ci/cd environment
- Ensure the protection of funds and data of our users
- Protect cLabs against mobile threat attack vectors
- Passion for Celo's mission of prosperity for all
- 7+ years of experience within mobile app development (iOS + android experience preferred)
- Mobile security pentesting performed on its own or collaborating with third parties
- Experience creating and running security bug reviews and programming fixes
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.