Business & Operations /
At cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
We are looking to hire a Developer Evangelist focused on building a global developer community with the support of regional and country leads. this position will help activate developers to build mission-aligned dApps on Celo. This person will be the spokesperson for the Celo platform!!
- Build and nurture developer communities around Celo, both online and in-person (when allowed!)
- Organize, host, and activate global developer events, including workshops, hackathons, and conferences
- Meet developers where they are, creating content, listening, and sharing back insights with the broader cLabs team
- Develop partnerships with mission-aligned developer organizations to grow the Celo community
- Engage cLabs’ employees and the broader Celo community to write, edit, and ship technical content for in line with Celo’s brand voice for Twitter, Discord, Telegram, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, blog, and newsletters
- Represent and advocate for Celo with developers around the world
- Moderate Discord, where the Celo developer community lives, and identify communication optimizations with other developer channels
- Robust network in the crypto / blockchain industry
- Experience organizing large and small scale events for developer communities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and leadership skills
- Proven experience operating on a global level with an international perspective and sensitivity to cultural nuances
- An avid user of social media networks, especially Twitter and Reddit, with a keen sense for how people are using them
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Beautiful office space
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2018 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.