Digital Marketing Intern (Summer 2019)
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Business & Operations
Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission at C Labs is to help build a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, Celo makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Anyone can participate in the network and earn Celo currency, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on our platform is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
As the Digital Marketing Intern, you will pave the way for Celo’s voice and brand online. We’re looking for a creative content creator who knows how to develop engaging content tailored to audiences around the world.
- Work with the core team to share our content through our digital marketing channels (Social, Email, Web)
- Assist in the development, planning, and implementation of integrated marketing campaigns
- Follow market trends and monitor social and email newsletter campaign performance
- Write social media and email copy in line with C Lab's brand voice
- Gather new content best practices and social channel recommendations (Reddit, Medium, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
- Coordinate with global ambassadors on content creation
- Organize data within our Customer relationship management (CRM) software (ActiveCampaign)
- Passionate about the financial inclusion mission central to Celo
- An avid user of social media networks with a keen sense for how people are using them
- Excited about blockchain and cryptocurrency and their potential
- An excellent communicator with high emotional intelligence
- Comfortable working with data
- An independent and self-driven go-getter who can prioritize work and self-manage
- An effective and succinct communication style, both orally and in writing
- Enthusiasm about working in a startup environment
- Experience with Google Analytics/Adwords and Email Marketing
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in communications or content/digital marketing
- Previous experience as a Marketing Intern for an agency and/or brand is a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Beautiful office space
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, beer, and coffee
- Quarterly team retreats
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.