Grant Operations Program Lead
Business & Operations /
We seek a rising star to support the Celo Foundation grants program. Working closely with entrepreneurs, you will develop a program that fulfills Celo’s mission of building an open financial system that creates the conditions of prosperity for all. You will play an important role in the expansion of the Celo Ecosystem. You'll be responsible for managing the end-to-end process for Celo Foundation Grants --- from sourcing projects, managing application/evaluation/diligence process, and nurturing relationships with the Celo grant community. You will also lead the operational support for key strategic incubators within the Celo innovation hub.
- You will help build and relentlessly optimize core processes and tools that allow us to effectively manage and grow the Celo Foundation grants & innovation program
- Develop best practices to foster, manage, and track grant & innovation programs
- Lead cross-functional teams to evaluate grant applicants
- Cultivate relationships with grant recipients
- Articulate grant theses and align internal teams behind a common goal / outcome
- Passionate about Celo and the future of blockchain and financial inclusion
- An independent and self-driven go-getter who can thrive in uncharted waters
- Highly organized, can easily coordinate complex projects
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment with limited supervision
- An excellent communicator with high emotional intelligence who can build relationships across the Celo community
- Undergraduate degree from a four year university
- Technical experience preferred (CS knowledge)
- Blockchain experience preferred
- 2+ years of work experience in management consulting, venture capital, corporate development or project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and coin plan
- Beautiful office space
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2018 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.