Senior Product Designer
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission at C Labs is to help build a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, Celo makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Anyone can participate in the network and earn Celo currency, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on our platform is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
The C Lab's product team is designing an experience to safely send value around the world. With that we consider our design constraints in emerging markets, making cryptocurrencies approachable, and providing a quality mobile experience that feels inclusive and trustworthy.
A product designer at C Labs needs to be thoughtful and graceful while working at a quick pace. As a team we believe in a product designer’s taste and instincts and their process rooted in curiosity and humility.
Our design principles are Build Confidence, Honor the Individual, and Create Community. We believe that our mission to create a healthy, global community that transacts with Celo currency will take designers who respect and thrive within these concepts.
- We have a small and highly competent design team with engineering and product manager allies who believe in building informed and novel experiences.
- We are experienced startup founders and operators
- We are highly technical, with backgrounds at places like Apple, Pinterest, and MIT
- We are mission driven with a big goal: to bring sound currency and property rights to those who need it most
- We are motivated by communication, visual storytelling, and research which is inclusive, generous, and thoughtful.
- Lead the Product Design of mobile products that work on Celo
- Define, develop, and implement how interaction design is utilized within mobile products operating on Celo
- Think and work closely with senior mobile engineers and product managers to implement your designs
- Collaborate with the research, brand, and visual design teams in creating a holistic experience that exemplifies Celo’s design principles
- Share and participate in casual and formal design reviews
- Inform and structure user testing and user research studies for specific and general international cultures
- Work quickly and confidently in an exciting, undefined landscape where cryptocurrencies meet mobile applications
- Design wireframes and build prototypes
- Collaborate and collectively build our style guide sensitive to our global end user
- Stay in touch with technical constraints of our technology to build new experiences
- A strong passion for C Lab's mission
- 4+ years real-world experience in product design
- Strong designs based on your taste and instincts and backed by process rooted in curiosity and humility
- Exceptional collaborating skills that make you a good team player and play maker
- Strong experience building mobile products and interest in creating delightful mobile apps
- Enthusiasm to work in a startup environment
- Bonus: Android Design, experience designing for emerging markets
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and coin plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefit
- 401k plan
- Beautiful office space
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, beer, and coffee
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.