Frontend Experience Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission at C Labs is to help build a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, Celo makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Anyone can participate in the network and earn Celo currency, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on our platform is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer with an eye for design and a strong technical foundation to join our Experience team.
The Experience Team’s purpose is to nurture belief in Celo through novel digital, analog, and human interaction experiences. A common and often first touchpoint of Celo’s experience is our website.
- Fully own the development and deployment of our website (celo.org)
- Write clean, tested, and performant code using TypeScript, React, CSS, and HTML
- Work with Experience Team’s designer and product manager to scope and execute the web roadmap
- Offer novel interaction and animation solutions and sweat the design details
- Collaborate with other engineers on pull requests and best practices
- Function as an individual contributor apart of Celo’s holacracy model
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining production web applications
- Excitement for working closely with designers
- Ability to craft new experiences that push the boundaries of the web
- Enthusiasm about working in a startup environment
- 3+ years as a full-time software engineer
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and coin plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefit
- 401k plan
- Beautiful office space
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, beer, and coffee
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.