Go to Market Operations
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Business & Operations
Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission at C Labs is to help build a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, Celo makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Anyone can participate in the network and earn Celo currency, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on our platform is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
The Go to Market Operations role is a meaningful one on the C Lab's core team. Working closely with other members of the core team, you will develop a strategy for expansion in our priority markets. You will be responsible for the implementation and rollout in several key markets, including on-the-ground project management and engagement with key local partners and regulators.
- Conduct extensive market research in our priority countries
- Create detailed project plans, working closely with internal teams such as Product, Partnerships, Community, Legal etc.
- Manage on the ground logistics for C Lab's international projects, including but not limited to the hiring and oversight of field staff, coordination with governments and regulators, and stakeholder management of local partners
- Be based in San Francisco with frequent travel to frontier markets
- Passionate about Celo's financial inclusion mission
- Excited about blockchain and cryptocurrency and their potential
- An independent and self-driven go-getter who can thrive in uncharted waters
- Highly organized and focused even with limited supervision and can easily coordinate projects across different regions
- An excellent communicator with high emotional intelligence
- Comfortable with occasionally “roughing it” - we have projects in refugee settlements and several low-income countries
- 2-5+ years of work experience in strategy, operations, or similar function from a top-tier firm
- Personal or professional experience in frontier markets
- Enthusiasm about working in a startup environment
- Proficiency in foreign languages is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and coin plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefit
- 401k plan
- Beautiful office space
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, beer, and coffee
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.