Intern Mobile Engineer (Fall 2019)
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission at C Labs is to help build a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, Celo makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Anyone can participate in the network and earn Celo currency, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on our platform is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
- We are a full-stack company i.e. we are building both blockchain protocols and the mobile user experiences on top of them
- We are experienced startup founders and operators
- We are highly technical, with backgrounds at places like Google and MIT
- We are mission driven with a big goal: to bring sound currency and property rights to those who need it most
- We have a strong engineering culture, which values open-source
- Implement and test mobile applications developed on Celo
- Work with other engineers to contribute high level decisions about the Celo mobile application and architecture
- Help to hit product milestones by writing high quality, well tested code
- Perform and participate in code reviews
- Work in a high performance scrum team
- Collaborate with product and design teams
- Passionate about the Celo mission
- Experienced in developing mobile applications
- A strong communicator with skills to lead technical discussions
- Experienced in building software that is reusable, extensible, and modular
- Passionate for testing and achieving high test coverage
- An engineer who writes high quality, well tested code
- Enthusiastic about working in a startup environment
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Relocation/temporary housing benefit
- Commuter benefit
- Beautiful office space
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, beer, and coffee
- Team/intern outings, TGIFs, and more
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.